should kids be allowed to go caving ?

under 18's allowed to go caving ?

• no

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • yes

Votes: 93 98.9%

• Total voters

graham

The short answer is yes. The long answer takes into account the nature of the child and the nature of the intended trip.

cap n chris

The short answer is yes. The long answer takes into account the nature of the pensioner and the nature of the intended trip.

Roger W

Trying to keep on topic...

Regarding pensioners, DCRO have had quite a few call-outs over the years to extract elderly tourists from the Blue John Cavern at Castleton.  Example:

"Monday 25th September 2003

An 80 year old man with cardiac problems became ill during a tourist trip. Paramedics attended and requested DCRO's assistance evacuating the casualty. 12 team members attended underground."

Hmmm... yes.  Should anyone - be they child, pensioner or anything in between - be allowed to go caving if they are manifestly not up to it?

Cartwright26

Yes, as long as they are with a competant caver and have the correct safety gear helmet and waterproofs etc, there is an old thread where a member of the forum saw adults taking kids underground with hand torchs no helmets  o_O no wellies  so in that case no none of them should of gone underground inc the "adults" however my four year old loves it!! At least i can teach her to be safe underground and show her how to respect caves this also means she does not vegitate in front of the tv.  (y)

me

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the goats venture into Goatchurch on these awful squally wet nights  ;)

Don't know if they have got any kids with them yet though  ;)

Les W

me said:
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the goats venture into Goatchurch on these awful squally wet nights  ;)

Don't know if they have got any kids with them yet though  ;)

Goats, in a Church...
Whatever next...  :LOL:

JasonC

Not only allowed - they should be forced to go caving !  Never did me any harm.....

badger

.I wonder why the question has even been asked, has something prompted the topic or just someone wanting to have a constructive discussion. If we dont encourage then where do the next generation of cavers come from.