Books for sale!

martinm

Hi all. DPC has just come into possession of a number of books that might be of interest. All for sale, list below:-

The Speleologist:- January - February 1965, April-May 1966, June-July 1966, August-September 1966, October-November 1966, December-January 1967, Spring 1967, Autumn 1967 (x 2), Spring 1968, Winter 1968.

Descent Magazine:- No. 2 - February-March 1969, No. 6 - August 1969.

Speleologist:- December 21st 1968, Spring 1969, Summy 1969.

D.C.A.Newsletter - January 1966.

The Upper Wharfdale Fell Rescue Association 1948-1968 by Anthony Cansell.

Expedition to the Gouffre Berger, 1967 report. Published by The Pegasus Club, Nottingham.

Mounaineering, (the official journal of the B.M.C.) Autumn 1968.

Rocksport, December 1968.

Caves and Caving - A little guide in colour. A guide to the exploration, Geology and Biology of Caves. 1969. Authors:- Jasinski & Maxwell. Published by Paul Hamlyn.

Underground in Furness by Eric G. Holland. 1967, Published by Dalesman. Guide to the Geology, Mines, Caves and Potholes.

Caving and Potholing by David Judson and Arthur Champion. Published by Granada, 1981.

Caving and Potholing by Donald Robinson and Anthony Greenbank. (Hardback.) Published by Constable in 1964.

Pennine Underground by Norman Thornber. 1965 edition. (Missing front cover.)

The Caves of Mendip by Nicholas Barrington. 1964 revised edition. (Hardback.) Published by Dalesman. (Spine a bit tatty.)

Mendip - The Great Cave of Wookey Hole by H.E.Balch. 1929. Published by The Cathedral Press. (Hardback.)

Ten Years under the Earth by Norbert Casteret.  (Hardback.) Published by J.M. Dent & Sons. 1940.

Caving by E.A. Baker.  Published by Chapman & Hall. 1935. (Hardback.)

Underground Adventure by A. Gemmell and J.O. Myers. 1952. (Hardback.) Published by Dalesman.

Caves & Caving. City Museum, Queens Road, Bristol 8. Exhibition guide from 1970, I think. Some nice historic photos.

Sensible offers from anyone interested are welcome. (Otherwise going on eBay at some point...)

barrabus

mmilner said:
Underground in Furness by Eric G. Holland. 1967, Published by Dalesman. Guide to the Geology, Mines, Caves and Potholes.

This in now in my collection.

It was a smooth transaction and posted quickly.

Thanks.

Norris

Hi, assuming you still have it, how much do you want for Adventure Underground, I have the later paperback but I think the hardback would look good on my bookshelf. I would make an offer, but as I don't know condition its difficult. Tell you what, no bargaining, you tell me how much you want for it, and assuming I think thats a reasonable price I will have it.

What condition is it in by the way.

cheers

Graham

martinm

The cover is quite grubby, to be honest. The inside pages are fine. I'll try and get a photo up here somehow...

Norris

mmilner said:
The cover is quite grubby, to be honest. The inside pages are fine. I'll try and get a photo up here somehow...

Don't worry to much about a pic, how much is it?

Cheers

Graham

martinm

How does ?5 plus p+p sound? P+p will be ?2.98 Recorded (Signed For) First Class plus ?0.50 for jiffy bag. So that's ?8.48 in total.

Mel.

Norris

Its a deal, right, now the difficult bit, payment I can do most forms of accepted payment, did you want to PM me with your address I can send out a cheque? Or however you wish.

Cheers

Graham

martinm

Hi Graham.

Cool. Well, you could send payment via paypal using a debit or credit card to:-
melissa@focusdev.co.uk
(You don't need a paypal account.)

or send a cheque to:- Mel Milner, 7 Cherry Court, Branston, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire. DE14 3NJ

Tis up to you. Paypal should get you the book b4 xmas as I would post it tomorrow!  8)

Regards, Mel.

Norris

Sorted, cheque in the post tomorrow, but don't rush to post the book out with the bad weather, postal delays, and Christmas, do it at your leisure.

Cheers

Graham