Super fatty oversuit

caverbabe

Anyone getting rid of a super fatty oversuit in any (reasonable) condition?  I'm wearing a warmbac XL that is too tight around my very low centre of gravity (ahem) and I can't move my chubby eastern European legs as effectively as I would like.  I figure the only way to get better and stronger for caving is to go caving, but if I'm thwarted by my poor fitting kit, I'll just get annoyed.

Failing anything used for sale, is anyone still making custom oversuits?  I don't want to default to having to buy something from 'merica and having my mum bring it over with her....but that remains an option....

Any helpful comments cheerfully received, and jokes about my current chubby hunky girl status, if amusing, also cheerfully received.  Because I'd rather be fat than dead, and certainly I can have a better sense of humour about the former....

caverbabe

Hughie said:
Warmbac used to do "made to measure". Presumably they still do.

I've considered that or alteration of my current Warmbac, but it will probably cost more to do that than get a cheaper suit from the states....which makes me sad.  I'll keep it as a backup option.

mudman

Where are you based?
There's a chap in South Wales that can adjust an oversuit for you. He sorted out an oversuit for someone in our club that is a bit broad in the beam by putting in a cordura inert into it. He had to source the cordura himself but he was well chuffed with the result. I can send you some details if you wish.

caverbabe

mudman said:
Where are you based?
There's a chap in South Wales that can adjust an oversuit for you. He sorted out an oversuit for someone in our club that is a bit broad in the beam by putting in a cordura inert into it. He had to source the cordura himself but he was well chuffed with the result. I can send you some details if you wish.

Oh contact details please! I have lots of spare corduroy! I?m in Devon but headed to OfD this weekend. Cheers!

mudman

caverbabe said:
mudman said:
Where are you based?

Oh contact details please! I have lots of spare corduroy! I?m in Devon but headed to OfD this weekend. Cheers!
Sorry, only just seen this. I've sent you a PM.

JoW

Warmbac make up to XL4 we have some at work and they're rather spacious. I'm not sure about any of the other suppliers 

Ian Ball

I get suit alterations done by Dennis Jump

I have a Warmbac PVC XL+ which is past it's sell by date.  You could see if Dennis can revive/ modify to your size?

I can't see the suit on the warmbac website though,  mustn't have been very popular! I don't know how much wider in the legs it is than the XL though.  I could find out though, as I have one of both, I'm not sure if it's worth it though as the XL+ is knackered to the point I doubt you want it.

Ian B.

Attachments

• 20180528_185333.jpg
    20180528_185333.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 141