Looking to explore this week

ladyhellfire

Hi, I am looking for somewhere that me and a friend can go exploring tommorow  (I have some university caving experience from last year and a currently in date BCA membership and my friend is a beginer without membership) We are hoping to find somewhere somewhat close to berkshire that can be accessed without needing to book or pay to enter. Ideally something like a cave or abandonded mines, or even an abandoned building. Does anyone know where we could go?

Brains

Guess the closest to you would be something like the Bath Stone Quarries of Browns or Swan, but maybe not on your first trip as getting lost could be an issue. The Mendips and a cave like Goatchurch would make a good introduction for your friend and is a little further to travel. Enjoy and take some pics, post a trip report after for us to enjoy  ;)

The photo is taken from miles away, you can't get close without going over the cliff. Put it through photo shop and have a look at the image on the left pointing to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200729-171515_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200729-171515_Gallery.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 292

Fulk

Well Janathan, I opened your picture in Photoshop Elements, but it just looks the same; what am I missing?

Keris82

Jonathan Mitchell said:
The photo is taken from miles away, you can't get close without going over the cliff. Put it through photo shop and have a look at the image on the left pointing to it.

Hi Jonathan, did you email me about a cave you found?