Strike at Padirac

M

MSD

AndyF said:
Have they parked a lot of lorries in the entrance yet..?

Of course not, they'll have parked them on major motorways and blockaded the channel tunnel.

Brains

I very much doubt it - it is far too much fun, besides I am sure it would be reciprocated!

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... its a frenchman?

AndyF

underground said:
Can we stop with the stereotyping / racism now please folks?

Good grief...I thought it was light hearted humour, its important to be able to differentiate....

Probably best you dont read the Friday jokes thread....

A

AMW

I feel any jibs towards the French will not be upset them to much, after all who has the better roads/public transport system/ life work balance/food etc etc and I nearly forgot Caves.  :tease:

In some ways based on the willingness to protest to maintain the way of life (not the caves of course).

Andrew (French grand parents)  (y)

shotlighter

Brains said:
I very much doubt it - it is far too much fun, besides I am sure it would be reciprocated!

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... its a frenchman?
Too right. As the old line goes " If they won't have our meat, then we'll stop useing their letters!

Brains

I know a man in the army surplus business... anybody want some French army rifles, never fired, dropped once???? ;)

cap n chris

Swiss Army Knife
images

French Army Knife

shotlighter

For many years worked for a Co. with both French & German offices. The French called us "Rost Bief", the Germans "Island Apes". We of course reciprocated in the usual manner & much fun & good humour was enjoyed by all.
Unfortunately our society now seems to to have been pervaded by a grey & humourless attitude, where such banter is tantamount to illegal. :(

M

MSD

cap 'n chris said:
Swiss Army Knife
images

French Army Knife

Wonderful! Be sure I will be trying that one out on a french colleague this morning  :clap:

Mark

D

Dave H

Doing a collaboration with some Germans at the moment. This is how one of them introduced himself to us (from the actual email)

===============

Hello I'm Dr. Kunt,
To all you Brit's out there - I have a brother who works for the German Police Force who holds a rank equivalent to your Inspector.
Right, that's the only time you will laugh at my name - now get over it!!!!
Regards

Alfred

===============

I had more of a laugh that his initial was A!  :LOL:

W

wormster

Dave H said:
Doing a collaboration with some Germans at the moment. This is how one of them introduced himself to us (from the actual email)

===============

Hello I'm Dr. Kunt,
To all you Brit's out there - I have a brother who works for the German Police Force who holds a rank equivalent to your Inspector.
Right, that's the only time you will laugh at my name - now get over it!!!!
Regards

Alfred

===============

I had more of a laugh that his initial was A!  :LOL:

Oh dear can't see the keyboard for tears

whitelackington

AMW said:
I feel any jibs towards the French will not be upset them to much, after all who has the better roads/public transport system/ life work balance/food etc etc and I nearly forgot Caves.  :tease:

In some ways based on the willingness to protest to maintain the way of life (not the caves of course).

Andrew (French grand parents)  (y)

Yeah, but
The French Economy is in near melt down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7010087.stm