C19 Tutorial- Winnatts, discussion board

alastairgott

So to keep all the instructions in one place and cries for help/discussion off the main page please use this page for general discussion and prompting me when to add another thing onto the main thread.

https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=26205.0

alastairgott

Been chided for breaking my own rules and allowing myself to chitter chatter on the other thread, nattering and cries for help are allowed on this thread only apparently  :sneaky:

Tseralo

Ive had a go, atached all the files as a "pdf" and the atchual pdfs for easy viewing. Any suggestions? Ive done most of the contents of fox chamber from memory and looking at clives pictures he took when we were there in feb. Im not sure there best way to show the way down through the boulders.

It also looks like the two digs in the west wall of Fox chamber are missing from the sketches and data, im guessing they post date the survey but as one extends quite a bit it would be worth adding.

Attachments

• Winnats Head.zip.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 219
  • WinnattsBeyondtheSewer.pdf
    50.4 KB · Views: 217
  • Winnatsfoxchamber.pdf
    61.6 KB · Views: 217

Wardy

well done
Fox Chamber and the area beyond the sewer look good.
unfortunately the 1st file refuses to open.

alastairgott

Not bad! I have no real comments. other than you are one of two people (to my knowledge) who have gained a bit more of an understanding of how to pull things together when you get out of a cave. So top work![

Wardy, 1st file will be the underlying files in a zip folder, but with .pdf added to confuse ukcaving into allowing it as an attachment.

alastairgott

playing with some new data...

Next job to resurvey through the 1st boulder choke and draw up of course :)

Attachments

• Winnats Survex.png
    Winnats Survex.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 247

SamT

Hi Alastair,

Just sent a link to you for my folder on Winnats.  (sorry, should have sent it a long time ago).

Harpur Hill series data should be in there.

Let me know if you didn't get it.

ta

Sam

SamT

Just a question re the registry - is that where all the data that's held in mooses massive peak/castleton master database is now held ??

alastairgott

still requires some polishing. but this is the plan so far to main chamber and the lovely passages at the top left of the main chamber. sadly not going back tomorrow, I don't think.

Need to shuffle the entrance co-ords east a little but you get the general gist.

Attachments

• 250920winnats.PNG
    250920winnats.PNG
    92.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 250920winnatsgmaps.PNG
    250920winnatsgmaps.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 246

benshannon

This looks awesome work 😁 I want to get back in there soon to do the pitches and to get into the harpur Hill series

Goydenman

alastairgott said:
still requires some polishing. but this is the plan so far to main chamber and the lovely passages at the top left of the main chamber. sadly not going back tomorrow, I don't think.

Need to shuffle the entrance co-ords east a little but you get the general gist.

Always wanted to see how it lies compared with the pass etc...thanks, great to see

Logismos

I've accidentally drawn some features whilst selecting a different scrap than I should have. Is there any way to change which scrap they belong to, besides deleting and re-drawing?

Yes, use the move up, move down, move to buttons in the objects tab of the map editor. Select the line number which will position your features in the correct scrap as the destination point.

alastairgott

There is also a selection box, I've screenshot-ed it in the Fb messenger chat.

Just below "move up" and "move down" is a box which allows you to select a scrap, I always choose to move it to the end of the scrap. I think if you choose the start it ends up not being in the scrap at all! (And hence not drawn).

Once you've picked it, just hit "move to". (Doh! Just realised this is exaaactly what swallowneck rote, back2skool Gott)

Or a useful reminder, the whole document is just a text file, as long as you know what your moving, just open it using a text editor like notepad instead of the therion view, and shift it there.
This is very useful to know if you need to change the scaling of the scraps to be the same.

Logismos

For now, just this Winnats survey for practice. Got to be ready for exped too yanno'  :D
Keen for something more though! Maybe a re-survey of Wigwam aven -> NCC shafts now that it's nicely re-bolted  :LOL:

Scud

Matrixman355 said:
For now, just this Winnats survey for practice. Got to be ready for exped too yanno'  :D
Keen for something more though! Maybe a re-survey of Wigwam aven -> NCC shafts now that it's nicely re-bolted  :LOL:

Yes please, I need Wigwam, M1 to Disappointment Rift and join into the NCC Shafts for the Peak Speedwell Survey that me and Alastair are working on. We will need a plan and section drawing as well, not just a revised line.