Grouse shooting same as other sports

Alan Sp8

Grouse shooting can be done with up to 30 people so the news says So looks like caving can now be done by more than 6 on a trip, :beer:
Or am I mistaken?

JoshW

As long as you shoot something on the way back off the fell I reckon you'll be alright..

royfellows

It appears that organised activities are being separated from casual ones. I expect that the logic is that by being organised, social distancing and other rules will be observed.

I would interpret this relative to caving whereby a trip has a nominated leader who has done a sensible risk assessment relevant to the particular trip.
Obviously grouse shooting has to be organised, we would not want people shooting each other, would we.
:LOL:

Mark Wright

I think the event has to be officially licensed. so at last our BCA membership card is useful. 

I've been wondering if ignoring Natural England's demand of not digging in Eldon Hole is one of those specific and limited laws that it is now OK to break.

What do you reckon?

royfellows

I would say clarification needed. Its all a rapidly changing scenario. My karate is back on, subject to the prepared RAs which have been agreed with the provider of the premises.

MarkS

Mark Wright said:
I've been wondering if ignoring Natural England's demand of not digging in Eldon Hole is one of those specific and limited laws that it is now OK to break.

What do you reckon?

I'm tempted to ask my MP, who voted for last night's bill.

Ian Ball

Mark Wright said:
I think the event has to be officially licensed. so at last our BCA membership card is useful. 

What do you reckon?

I didn't know NE had blocked Eldon Hole digging!

Katie

What do you reckon?

Sign up Dominic Cummings to the digging team and it is bound to be a reasonable thing to do

2xw

Note that the legislation also allows for rites of passage, entry into a faith, or support groups, all of which caving comes under I suspect

mikem

Shooters generally sit in their separate butts, so like fishermen usually isolate themselves anyway!

RobinGriffiths

It beggars belief that a government imposing draconioan controls on a populace are also advocating breaking the law in a limited  and specific way. Domonic Cummings must be kicking himself for not using that excuse for his Barnard Castle Eyetest.

ZombieCake

According to a Mr Fawkes there are around 650 grouse in season nesting in Westminster, however, one hasn't been able to drive for hundreds of miles to get one's eyesight sorted to verify whether that is in fact a correct observation or not.

mikem

RobinGriffiths said:
It beggars belief that a government imposing draconioan controls on a populace are also advocating breaking the law in a limited  and specific way.
You're not breaking the law, as these are specifically excluded - like lots of other things in life...

royfellows

I was at karate last night and we are not allowed to have fans or air con under the rules, it was murder, I had to leave the floor and go outside before I dropped.

mikem

???
https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/equipment-and-machinery/air-conditioning-and-ventilation.htm#:~:text=The%20risk%20of%20air%20conditioning,of%20fresh%20air%20and%20ventilation.&text=You%20should%20still%20however%20maintain,air%20ventilation%20in%20the%20room.

royfellows

Thanks for this, will pass on the link.
It forms part of the clubs agreement with the premises provider as included in the risk assessment. It appears to be based on misinformation.

Speleofish

Air quality is arguably really important in reducing indoor spread of coronaviruses. During the original SARS epidemic, hospital wards with poor air-handling saw far more new infections than those with good air-handling. More than 16 air changes/hour seemed to be the key number. I haven't seen anything specific published for Covid but we took this as our target. In the older part of our hospital (where the main ICU and Covid wards lived) the air-conditioning system is very antiquated and could only manage about 4 changes per hour, so we put in huge extractor fans linked to hepafilters in all the Covid units. This seemed to work really well - ICU was probably the safest place in the whole hospital. The only downsides were that the howling gale made it hard to keep the doors closed and we couldn't condition such volumes of air, so it got pretty unpleasant on hot days.