Adim help

Paul Marvin

Hi Team or any other members , why is it when I reply to a post and want to add the comment that I would like to reply to that sometimes it appears how it should below the original quote and sometimes it add itself into the original message  ? I seem to be doing the same procedure on them all  :-\

JoshW

You need to make sure that your comment that you make is after the

[/quote]

that designates the end of a quote.

PeteHall

It's all about the order of the text string.

If you open a function (like quote or bold, or anything else) it needs to be closed again to revert to normal, as Josh has said.

This guide explains it in more detail: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Quote

A good tip is to always use the "preview" button before you post, you will see a preview of how your post will appear, above the text window. I'm pretty obsessive about this if I'm honest and rarely post even the simplest of response without checking the preview  :-[

JoshW

Paul Marvin said:
JoshW said:
You need to make sure that your comment that you make is after the that designates the end of a quote.

Testing testing if this is correct thanks bro  :clap: :D

(y) because my comment had an extra "[/quote]" it went a bit weird, other than that bang on  ;)

Paul Marvin

JoshW said:
Paul Marvin said:
JoshW said:
You need to make sure that your comment that you make is after the that designates the end of a quote.

Yep I think there has be a quote word lurking below there are two sometimes

Testing testing if this is correct thanks bro  :clap: :D

(y) because my comment had an extra "
" it went a bit weird, other than that bang on  ;)
[/quote]