Youlgreave area barmasters map

AR

The Barmaster's map covering Youlgreave and Alport should still be available on AditNow, possibly lurking in Dickie Bird's personal documents rather than attached to a particular mine.

AR

Yes, I do have that - he took the info from the Barmaster's map and Jim's book AFAIK. Looks like members albums are currently inaccessible on AN, but I can share the map, would have to be through Dropbox or suchlike as it's too big to email.

I have a copy of LeeC's map but was wondering if markpot has.
I am not sure that Dickie posted the Youlgreave Barmasters Map as I do not have a copy.

mch

History Trog said:
I am not sure that Dickie posted the Youlgreave Barmasters Map as I do not have a copy.
I have a copy, pretty sure that it was from Dickie via AditNow.

AR

I'll sort out Dropbox this evening - I've definitely got the one covering Youlgreave & Alport, the next one to the south covering Stoney Lee, and possibly another in that area - need to check but they're all on my home computer and I'm on the work one right now.

AR

Bear with me - Dropbox is playing up and not letting me log in, and I've a feeling I may already have the maps uploaded there. I do also have scans of photos (from Nellie Kirkham's collection) of the maps covering Long Rake and Middleton-by-Youlgreave but the photos weren't brilliant so the scans are a bit blurry when you zoom in. If I can't get Dropbox to let me in then I'll look at another file transfer option.

markpot

Many thanks for the reply's. I have a copy of the
Overlay. AR, give us a nod if you get dropbox sorted,the Nellie Kirkam docs sound interesting.

AR

Dropbox sorted, seems it can't cope with its own stale cookies... Markpot, HistoryTrog, you should get the invite to view the folder via email, I've put the maps for Alport, Stoney Lee, Long Rake and Middleton in there.

Dickie Bird

Bit late in the day here as I have only just registered on this site. But you may be interested in the Barmaster's maps I uploaded to AN some time ago. These were the ones: 1760s map of Hillcarr Sough; (not Barmaster's map) : Alport area, Ball Eye area, Bonsall Moor North west, Bonsall Moor North, Bonsall Moor South, Bradwell East, Brushfield, Carsington Pastures, Cromford East, Dene Hollow area, Elton area, Hopton Cross Roads area, Hopton, Lathkilldale, Masson Hill, Matlock East, Ryder Point area, Six inch Bradwell, Six inch Peak Forest,Snitterton area, Stanton in the Peak area, Wensley, Winster area, Wirksworth town, Yokecliffe Rake, and Statham's 17C map of the Dove Gang mines. These, together with Symond's 1850 map of Camborne and Illogan. Jim Rieuwerts asked me to copy them and I gave him large photo prints of the results. There were copied onto whole plate cut film using the equipment of my long lost previous employer and (from memory) T.D.Ford requested I turn the latter over to him ! Not happy about this so I sent him a batch of quasi sub standard copies! If you wish to get in touch with me I would let you have copies but they would have to go on to my One Drive, or similar since each file is 11.6 Mb! They were especially copied to retain the Barmaster's pencilled annotations. Just learned the AN is likely to be defunct which is a crying shame.

Brains

I am sure I will be interested in some of those, just need to sort out which ones and get back to you 👍

pwhole

Good to see you back, Dickie. I've also got the Bradwell, Bullestree, Dirtlow/Wrangling Rake, Glory, High Rake and Peak Forest ones if they prove difficult to get hold of.