Flamborough Head Caves - urgent query

Pitlamp

If you can point me at anyone who knows the Flamborough Head caves well, please can you send a PM?

We've been asked by a BBC researcher if we can find someone who can supply information, particularly about "Robin Lythe's Smuggler Cave". Ideally they'd appreciate the contact for tomorrow. Someone local to Flamborough Head would be best, if possible.

Thanks.

Pitlamp

Sincere thanks to the three people who have got in touch directly with information. I think that gives me all the leads I need to follow up, unless someone local who knows these caves is interested in being interviewed for the telly?

mrodoc

There was an article about them some time back in Caves and Caving if that is any help. It was written by a chalk cave expert whose name escapes me.

A_Northerner

Could you share the info you've received with us on here Pitlamp? I visit Flamborough/Thornwick Bay fairly often and I've been thinking about coasteering between the two at some point, would be great to get some info on the caves there as well.

Pitlamp

A_Northerner said:
Could you share the info you've received with us on here Pitlamp? I visit Flamborough/Thornwick Bay fairly often and I've been thinking about coasteering between the two at some point, would be great to get some info on the caves there as well.

Um -  :-\ - well, I only have permission from the various people who responded to forward the information they kindly sent to me to a specific person. I didn't ask for permission to display it on here.

So . . please could I ask those who did help if they would be good enough either to post the information on here or perhaps PM it directly to A_Northerner? Thanks.

Pitlamp

Alan Speight has just pointed out the following:

"YSS Journal 2 has a very comprehensive article on these caves with surveys and the front cover is a view out of Smugglers Hole survey of Smugglers and Robin Lythes to cave inside."