Maenofferen Bad Boy Winch ...

Paul Marvin

Hell of a trip guys only seen a fraction but its a gud un  :D

Attachments

• Temp Stills (13) copy.jpg
    Temp Stills (13) copy.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 645

tomferry

It Is a lovely mine , I had a excellent permission visit around here a while ago with CATMHS , their are many hidden gems if one knows where to look  (y)

PeteHall

Call that a winch? This is a winch!  ;)

(Sorry for the poor quality, grabbed it off my Facebook, original is on the computer somewhere...)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1630311734227.jpg
    FB_IMG_1630311734227.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 115

Paul Marvin

PeteHall said:

(Sorry for the poor quality, grabbed it off my Facebook, original is on the computer somewhere...)

Na my winch is bigger than your winch  :tease:  :LOL: :LOL:

PeteHall

ChrisJC said:
Is that Burtree Pasture?

Chris.

As Jim says, yes Burtree Pasture and certainly the biggest winch I've ever seen underground.  It's an interesting place, with horse gin chamber, water wheel chamber and electric winch all at the top of the same shaft.

Paul Marvin

PeteHall said:
ChrisJC said:
Is that Burtree Pasture?

Chris.

As Jim says, yes Burtree Pasture and certainly the biggest winch I've ever seen underground.  It's an interesting place, with horse gin chamber, water wheel chamber and electric winch all at the top of the same shaft.
PeteHall said:
ChrisJC said:
Is that Burtree Pasture?

Chris.

That look as though its not far from Nent ? if so we are up in Cumbria in a few weeks would like to check it out . What do I need to know about the place guys ?

Paul Marvin said:
PeteHall said:
ChrisJC said:
Is that Burtree Pasture?

Chris.

That look as though its not far from Nent ? if so we are up in Cumbria in a few weeks would like to check it out . What do I need to know about the place guys ?

I believe it's sensitive site, if legendrider's viewing this he may well have better information.

Jim

Paul Marvin

Jim MacPherson said:
Paul Marvin said:
PeteHall said:
ChrisJC said:
Is that Burtree Pasture?

Chris.

I believe it's sensitive site, if legendrider's viewing this he may well have better information.

Jim

Jim MacPherson said:
Paul Marvin said:
PeteHall said:
ChrisJC said:
Is that Burtree Pasture?

Chris.

Jim

I will call Mark anyway I have just be reading about the " gentleman in the transport yard" on the Mineat.org site

Paul Marvin

PeteHall said:

Pete the main winch wheel on this winch is not the puny thing you see in the foreground to the right of the shot its hidden from the cameras lens up the top of the stairs and its BIG