Dowkabottom cave

adamski555

For the annual Christmas eve trip we decided to go up Wharfedale to do dowkabottom Cave .The last time i went down there the duck had dried up.But with the weather we have had over the last few months i put in my neo-fleece.We parked up got changed and set off walking up the hill.
On arrival at the entrance we rigged a handline down the entrance climb.Progress was swift until we met the large pool the duck was back .I went first glad i had my neo-fleece on.My friends only had fleece undersuits on ha ha.At one point it was neck deep.At the major T junction we went right first then back to the junction then right .There is a large amount of scaf bars and clamps in this area .I went up a muddy crawl which enters a rather loose area.We turned for home passing the  cold duck.On arrival at the entrance climb we found more scaf bar and clamps.Up the climb and back the car .On getting changed we headed for a pint in Kildwick. A good dat out.
ps Any one know which club is digging Dowkabottom?

dunc

ps Any one know which club is digging Dowkabottom?
I asked someone a similar question a while back and the answer I got was; "it might be the NCC, but that was 12months ago".