look at this

Stu

Inevitable really! Looked fairly tense, if one can resist the temptation to sneer!!

Rob

Hmmm. It's going to be interesting to see the changes this will have on our sport (if that's what it is!). Things like numbers (and types) of people down showcaves, how many freshers join up to the university clubs next year, how many kids die from exploring caves with just a flashlight and a mate! Not sure in which direction it will change things though.

SamT

Seems like a cross between Alien and Wookey with the technical accuracy of Cliffhanger.

Oh dear - might have to organise an eldon night out to watch it so we can all ruin it for the punters by laughing and jeering at all the tense moments.

Cant wait till people see it at work - "ere sam, thats what you do int it"

Sigh :roll:

Cave_Troll

"There are places man was never meant to go..."
Odin, Robins, toadstool...:)

looks like a laugh though. from teh trailer the cave diving sequences look like good big, clear vis, american caves :)
Was there not an american cave diver who after a trip down wookey left muttering that Uk cave divers were insane or something ?

Brendan

I believe in Gavin Newman's wookey film, the American 'Cave diver and psychologist' got as far as Chamber 25, described it as foul, and very far from home, before leaving Gavi to film himself pushing as far as he could into the gravel, while saying things like 'I probably shouldn't go any further, the gravel's running back over my legs'.
So the American guy may have a point........

Anyway, a diving film based in the UK would probably be less appealing to the public as it would involve small squalid sumps full of zero visibility peaty water. The footage of the dive to Keld Head is impressive, but not Hoolywood blockbuster material.

Brendan

Anyway, caliming you fight unholy beings while caving surely adds to the glamour of the sport. You know, go down Giants, slay a few undead and the odd demon, and back for a pint at the Nags Head. Typical Saturday trip!

T

Titch98

Brendan said:
Anyway, caliming you fight unholy beings while caving surely adds to the glamour of the sport.

Sucks if you have to make an insurance claim though. Apart from the fact that no sane person would believe you, I'm sure there's something about fighting the undead within the policy...........

pisshead

the layout of the poster looks very similar to the Mummy...or is it just me?

is cave just another name for the mummy 6??

mudmonkey

Anyway, caliming you fight unholy beings while caving surely adds to the glamour of the sport. You know, go down Giants, slay a few undead and the odd demon, and back for a pint at the Nags Head. Typical Saturday trip!

Brendan, have you been down Odin with the garlic bread again?

Jagman

Convinient large doors!

Do all the caving experts on here posses the right tools????

FAncy some of the digital gadgetry tthe sony experts have???????

SamT

Wonder how robust it all is - even a simple krab stops working properly once its been anywhere near one of the muddier holes in derbyshire - let alone a hollywood digital transmogrifier cave mapping lazer guided system. Plus you'd never get them down the entrance squeeze. :LOL: