Warmbac Speleo Pro Wetsuit - Bargain on Ebay

bren

I got one and its tight - seriously tight.if you have skinny legs then maybe you could get in it.have got it on my 15yr old lad - chest 36" but he's 6ft.let me know if you think its suitable. I struggled to get it over my calves due to the knee pads and very little give in the neoprene.

kdxn

The only ones now available are the 40" chest size which is my size and I am 1.73m or 5' 8"
The 40" is a snug fit for me especially in the leg area.

The built in elbow and knee pads need protecting.

6ft ?
I doubt whether the 40" would be suitable. Warmbac suggest it is suitable for 5'8" to 5'10"

SamT

Bren

I'm a 36inch chest.  5 foot 6 .. thighs not exactly Bradley wiggins but not Micheal indurin either.  Would love to try it on.  Where are you based?

ah147

Top tip for wetsuits...

Buy an old knackered two old knackered drysuits off eBay with latex seals.

Buy a tube of aquasure.

Cut off latex wrist seals.

Aquasure to wrists and ankles of wetsuit. Reduces flushing lots and literally any idiot can do it.

You'd probably think it would be cheaper to buy new wrist seals than knackered (and I mean knackered) old drysuits. The answer is possibly very very marginally. But then you wouldn't get all the tough material to cut up for other uses, or if you're lucky, neoprene!! (Though neoprene suits with latex seals are a rarity)

To give you an idea how knackered you should be looking for, new drysuits cost ?500-3000+ and normally resale between ?200-1000. For this particular project and a few others needing equally knackered ones, I got given 6 for free!

Can't comment whether kayaking ones would be suitable/cheaper as I've never seen one in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah147

Have done. Don't really want the rope tbh...but I wanna get the ball rolling because I'm interested in what others have to say!

ah147

I'm sure rope is of interest to most people Jane. Very good prize it is. Just of little interest to me personally.

bren

SamT said:
Bren

I'm a 36inch chest.  5 foot 6 .. thighs not exactly Bradley wiggins but not Micheal indurin either.  Would love to try it on.  Where are you based?

Leeds area I am 5.10" and big build hoped it would stretch out but think its too old - wilderness leisure contacted me to say as much but PM if intrested

underground

Watch out buying old wetsuits based on size. Neoprene shrinks massively as the bubbles contract, unless it's expensive 'aged' neoprene that is rested for ages after manufacture and before being used in garments. Hence you can buy an old yet brand new suit and it'll be tiny. Scroll down here for an idea: http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/latest.htm

sion

I can vouch for the suit.. I bought one from the same supplier a while ago, I had it a little bit cheaper but it still seems to be a very good price now. Mine barely showed any signs of wear and is a really good fit! I'm 5,8 and around a 41in chest.