Swildon's 20 vs The Hillary Step on Everest

Having read the dispatches of my friend descending Everest I don't think I will moan next time I have to wait to get over the 20ft pitch in Swildons ...

"... I traversed the snow slope and gained the rocky outposts leading back to the Hillary step. As I turned the corner, clipping back into the orange/pink rope, I was dismayed to see Pasang stuck in a notch in the rock, whilst climbers full of summit fever, sprawled over the Hillary step. I told him to get down and he got over the top of the step, stuck again now lower down the step, holding onto fixed lines. I took his place in the notch. More climbers flopping over the top, three, then four, my left hand's really sore, five, six, I can't feel my feet, seven, eight, I got to move before it's too late! I shouted to Pasang 'is that the last of them?' he shivered and nodded, 'well get down then'. He got down, I went to follow and another two climbers came up! I had to retreat back into the notch. I was angry, my chance of movement and warmth being taken away from me..."

http://www.humanedgetech.com/expedition/leefarmer/