Removing duo from helmet

Alex

Hi all,

I am trying to remove my current from Duo from my Spelious helmet to replace it with a new light, I succeeded in removing the battery box and light from the helmet itself (despite having to drill holes in the foam to get at two of them). However, my problem is I cannot remove the wire that connects the two that is threaded inside the helmet. Firstly  I cannot remove the bezle, but if I were to succeed is there a point? i.e. is the wire solidered in place?

Should I just cut the wire and chuck the duo away? Or forget this and buy another helmet for the new light and keep this as a spare, can the duo be removed without destroying it?

I can't belive no one else has had this problem.

Whats your suggestions? Given I wanted to try my new light out this weekend.

Alex

No matter, snipped the wire gave up after me and another person tried all night to remove the bezle.

Alex

Soz, someone has already made me an offer to buy it so he takes precidence.

I was not planning on throwing it away, was going to keep it with the view to possibly re-wiring it in the future. I also don't want to just give it away as it has had the custom duo upgrade only a couple of months ago, so I was at least hoping to sell it for that alone as that can simply be placed into another duo without the upgrade (Though you would have to get that bloody bezle off first!)

Selling it also helps me to pay for the Rude Nora!

And

I've heard that an oil filter wrench can be used to remove the bezel if it is particularly tricky to get off.

It's easier to snip the wire. You can make a waterproof join later on much easier than you can reseal the duo unit itself. I swapped a duo onto a new spelios a while back and found it quite easy. Btw, there's no need to drill the foam, it all pops out!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2