Piridhamsleigh on the Beeb

mrodoc

Pridhamsleigh Cavern featured recently on Steve Backshall's Live and Deadly. It seems to have been transplanted to North Devon and the filming was done in high water conditions. Nice to see our home grown cave biologist Lee Knight on screen. Dr Boycott has kindly recorded it for me but it should still be on iplayer although i cannot find it.

mrodoc

It can be located on iplayer as an item on the latest Live 'n Deadly (described as a view behind the scenes).

Coxie

I meant to post that at the weekend but didn't get around to it.

It took about 8 hours filming for about 4 minutes of film.  I'm sure I'll get some grief about my description of the formations being formed but in my defence we did 4 or 5 takes and they kept on asking me to simplify my explanation.

It was a lot of fun though.  The annoying thing is that the director didn't want the kids to know what they were looking for, conseqently when we got back to the surface and showed them some samples it turned out that they saw loads of shrimps!

o_O

martinm

Lol, i Know what this is like. I've just (yesterday) been helping the beeb film down a cave in the Peak for Countryfile. My Facebook status afterwards:-

"back from filming with the Beeb! 2 hours underground, 1 hours footage filmed, (mostly of me and farmer / Countryfile presenter Adam Henson), to produce 4 minutes of Telly! Was interesting / fun though and would love to do more..."

And of course they weren't interested in the tech stuff of how the formations were formed, etc...