Knotlow / Whalf Pipe air quality recording

paul

I notice that the log book for recording air quality has gone form Whalf Pipe Climbing Shaft (used to be in the suspended plastic jar) and also from Knotlow Climbing shaft (ammo box bolted to rock st foot of entrance pitch).

Is this because thay have "disappeared" and not yet replaced or because the record is no longer being kept? Anyone know?

A

Ann

:shock: Paul I will pass this information onto Dave Webb who has been instrumental in the recording of the air quality. Once I get his reply I will post it onto the forum. :!:

A

Ann

:eek: Reply from Dave Webb:-Thanks for the communication - I only
took the records out last Wednesday!! They were very soggy so I brought them out to dry out and record. I should have put a note
in the box but didn't have a pen or paper at the time.

I don't know anything about the Whalfe pot - I think it disappeared
a while ago having served its purpose. :D

Knotlow Pollution Records
After a longer than usual interval I have at last been able to recover
and record the comments on the state of the air quality in the system that you have kindly compiled; they extend from July 2002 until
January 2004. Unfortunately water had found its way into the ammo
box which has made it difficult for you to write and me to read all the entries. However there are 33 legible entries which give a clear
indication of the variations in air quality and the continuing need to
take great care. I will be forwarding these to the relevant authorities.

I will shortly be replacing the book and attempting to "waterproof" the ammo box, meanwhile thank you for your continued support. I shall
also include a summary of the above records.

Dave Webb
DCA Conservation Officer

A

Ann

Knotlow Pollution Records

I have now replaced the book in the ammo box at the base of the climbing shaft of Knotlow Mine.
The format of the new book is slightly different to allow one page per entry and to encourage a fuller report and contact details from those who wish to provide more information. For example it helps to know the prevailing surface weather
conditions and if there is any muck spreading going on. Otherwise everything is back to normal and I would thank you in advance for your continued support. I have placed a summary in the box of the most recent entries prior to the last book becoming waterlogged.
Please don't hesitate to contact me or a member of the team at
access@thedca.org.co.uk if you need, or wish to provide, further information. :D
Many thanks again for your help.
Dave Webb DCA Conservation Officer