Giants - ghost rift

SamT

Someone has put some new ropes on the ghost rift in giants.

Brilliant - good effort - nice one - :)

However

why didnt they take the old rope out. :evil:

Now there are two ropes one thin - but newer, one thick but older. Which do I use.

The thin one obv. cause I know its newer - but most people who dont know will use the thick one. "cause its thicker innit."

This kind of thing really gets on my tits.

Further more, there is a re-belay. The bolt is one of those chunky stainless 'hook' type things with a wire gate (similar to these) - nice
but the new rope as been attached to this with an old ali screw gate which is already starting to deteriorate/corrode.

well what was the point of that :roll: - why not unclip the old rope and clip in the new one.

If the knots at the top were too tight (and you aint got a knife, which you should have)- then just coil the rope at the top to prevent people using it.

Anyhow - should be up there again soon - so Im going to sort it out, unless anyone could come up with a good reason to leave both in place, and the good rope rebelayed to a rotting krab.

[/rant]

D

Dave H

You don't think that someone might have put in the new rope as a temporary measure while they are working up there, and plan to take it out in a few weeks, leaving the old one in place?

SamT

Fair point that - hadn't thought of that. :oops:

As far as i can tell - nobody is working up there at the moment. (Apart from us now).
I have actually stripped the old rope out last night and sorted out the krabs on the rigging so least they are not part of the loaded system.

If it is the case that someone is planning to take the rope out again, then they need to get in touch. (I might leave a message attached). And we can sort out some new rope for it ourselves.

T

T pot

The new rope was installed by me :) the old one was left dangling for my security when ascending the pitch cos i need somthing to put a shunt onto, the reason for the shunt is that i solo up there :) and as for no one working up there were u wearing sunglasses cos its dark enough open ur eyes and have another look

T pot

SamT

Ah - thought it might be you T-pot. Have you been tating at the choke or are you looking else where :wink:

Are you planning to leave that rope in for the forseeable??

T

T pot

yep the rope will be there for the foreseeable cos work is gettin in the way of what i started to do :) but i'll b back
yes i am playin up there :) the earth leakage trip is a lonely place :) n i fecking luv it :) will b back b4 xmas ---- n e 1 up 4 it