Saturday afternoon...

Stu

i'm not...though i have been. got out of giants just in time. the car park was looking pretty full. our NZ friend seemed to enjoy her first time caving.

H

Huw Groucutt

just back from Draenen, only a short trip this weekend.

bubba

Administrator
I'm working on some bouldering topos and listening to Giles Peterson.

No nasty wet caves for me :)

H

Huw Groucutt

hehe. Draenen was a lot drier than i was expecting. Quite busy aswell today, normally dont see anyone else there.

Stu

giants was..er damp! yes. we took our friend into the upper west passage, did the little ab down into main passage and had a look at garlands. she wanted to go down it, and luckily i just happened to have a ladder. poor thing was a bit wet afterwards :twisted:

shopping...booooooo!!

underground

Stu, had you rigged the handline across the wall of Garlands opposite the 'normal' rigging?
You're right about it being a bit busy down there!

Brendan

Giants was indeed busy - I was one of the two people running a tape measure around the round trip. Razor edge cascade and comic act cascade were particularly amusing :D

Would have been better if I had remembered my helmet and lamp though :oops:

underground

Brendan said:
Giants was indeed busy - I was one of the two people running a tape measure around the round trip. Razor edge cascade and comic act cascade were particularly amusing :D

Would have been better if I had remembered my helmet and lamp though :oops:

Comic Act cascade was great! We saw you just above the eating house...

SamT

so whats the total distance of the round trip - (I assume thats what the tape measure was for).

Brendan

We were doing it to put a description on the HNH online guidebook. Can't remember the total length, but the duck in the Windpipe is 'only' 7.5m (could have sworn it was longer), and there is a section of the Crabwalk over 210m long where nothing of note happens.

We also went to the top of Geology so there will also be a description of the section between there and the Eating House.

Stu

underground said:
Stu, had you rigged the handline across the wall of Garlands opposite the 'normal' rigging?
You're right about it being a bit busy down there!

that red rope? nope. we were in and out in under a couple of hours.