Notts II survey

JB

Anybody got a survey (however rudimentary) of Notts II? Got a very peculiar response when I called Inglesport this afternoon to ask if they had such a thing. Went along the lines of: "I have to ask you why you want a survey of Notts II." as if my request was totally unreasonable. Funny chap. Anyway, I'm near to Matlock so if you have a handy journal reference or could email it that would be splendid.

PS: I'm not the landowner, the landowner's agent, son, daughter, solicitor or owt like that. I just was in there earlier in the week and wanted to get an idea of what we didn't see.

Beardy

The original survey was published in the Northern Pennine Club's 1987 Journal

Its on a big sheet an is BCRA grade 2 but reasonably acurate and very well drawn.

I guess that you may still be able to purchase a copy of the journal & survey from the NPC

I know that almost the whole of Notts II has been resurveyed to grade 5 but am unsure as to when anyone is going to draw it up & publish an updated description and survey of the cave.

Regards
Beardy

R

Roger Cook

I'm not the landowner, the landowner's agent, son, daughter, solicitor or owt like that.

If you were, you would have posted in 'For Sale and Wanted' :roll:

dunc

The one Beardy suggests in NPC Journal is best, failing being able to lay your hands on that there was a small survey of Notts II in Descent 159..

Pitlamp

JB - if you'll post an email address where I can contact you off board I'll arrange to get a copy of this large survey for you.

JB

Much obliged pitlamp. Have sent you a private message with my email address.

Cheers,
Jules.