Caving trips wanted!

Roperat

Hi All,

I will be coming to the UK mid July with all my caving gear and am keen to get underground if anyone is happy for me to join their trips, get to know the locals and some of their caves!

I'm fully capable of looking after myself underground so no need to teach or mentor me, I just need people to cave with!

I'll be in the south west early August, then Yorkshire mid August with no plans until the end of August.

Also interested in trips to Europe.

Cheers,

Gareth

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

topcat

I'll be away all July, but may well be up for something  in August in the Dales.

Where are you coming from?

Roperat

Dales sounds good as I'll be in Bradford in August visiting family

Ian Ball

Big trek to drag caving gear, if you check out ebay a little nearer you might be able to buy a full kit here, then sell it before you leave.

Will you be heremat the time of the cpc wich meet?

Roperat

When/what is Cpc? I'm happy to bring my gear. Got 65 kgs to bring gear

langcliffe

Can you re-post nearer the day? Individuals are usually caving most days, but most of us find it difficult to plan that far ahead. I will certainly be around.

Alex

Yeh as I said on Facebook, I am happy to take you underground. But I am a weekend and the occasional evening caver. I work 5 days a week during week days.

Btw CPC is Craven Pothole club and Ian is talking about a winch meat (not a meeting of the coven!). Basically the 100m shaft of Gaping gill, arguably Yorkshires most famous pot hole, gets equipped with a winch. In addition many of the other entrances get rigged so no gear needed except SRT gear.

Roperat

Alex said:
Yeh as I said on Facebook, I am happy to take you underground. But I am a weekend and the occasional evening caver. I work 5 days a week during week days.

Btw CPC is Craven Pothole club and Ian is talking about a winch meat (not a meeting of the coven!). Basically the 100m shaft of Gaping gill, arguably Yorkshires most famous pot hole, gets equipped with a winch. In addition many of the other entrances get rigged so no gear needed except SRT gear.
Cheers Alex. Can't add you on fb, but would be good to keep in touch. How do I find out more about the cpc winch meat?

maxb727

If you are in the South West for the first weekend in August (5th-6th) then it is the BEC summer BBQ on the Saturday night which you would be welcome to come to and people to cave with on the Sat, less so on the Sunday with sore heads but you never know :) :beer:

Roperat

maxb727 said:
If you are in the South West for the first weekend in August (5th-6th) then it is the BEC summer BBQ on the Saturday night which you would be welcome to come to and people to cave with on the Sat, less so on the Sunday with sore heads but you never know :) :beer:
I am around that weekend. How do I go about getting involved with it?