BCA Conference

graham

cheer.gif

Pitlamp

Cassidy said:
And you are the proud recipient of an award  :)

Oh - wow. But I wasn't there, as I had to work all weekend!

Really I was just wondering how it all went generally. It's a while since I had chance to get to a Conference; hope it's as good as I remember they used to be.

cap n chris

John got the award, Graham; you just get kudos for the excellent remediation work at Looongwoood.

More generally, I wonder how long it will take for news to Leek out about where Hidden Earth 2014 is based?

mulucaver

Pitlamp said:
It's a while since I had chance to get to a Conference; hope it's as good as I remember they used to be.

Is your memory failing you? The beer was crap.

But seriously, it went very well although personally, I found the program a bit less interesting than other years. That may be a function of my advancing years, getting all bitter and twisted and now a member of the grumpy old men.
It was quite noticeable this year that most of the delegates were considerably older than those flying up and down the ropes in the competition.
Makes you sick! Now, when I was a lad...

Alex

Even being sort of young I still only managed a 3:11 on the 30m prussic :(, but I guess had been digging the previous day and running the day before that.

Spike

mulucaver said:
Pitlamp said:
It's a while since I had chance to get to a Conference; hope it's as good as I remember they used to be.

I hope that's in reference to the beer at conferences of yore...

Bob Mehew

Spike said:
mulucaver said:
Pitlamp said:

I hope that's in reference to the beer at conferences of yore...

There was a problem with one of the beers but fortunately there were only a few barrels of it.  I stuck with Potholer which was fine.

mulucaver

Bob Mehew said:
There was a problem with one of the beers but fortunately there were only a few barrels of it.  I stuck with Potholer which was fine.

If you think the potholer was fine then you must be a Mendip caver.

dunc

Cap'n Chris said:
More generally, I wonder how long it will take for news to Leek out about where Hidden Earth 2014 is based?
I hope that was a not a vague reference to it being in Wales again?  ::)

Couldn't make it to this years, hoping next year work doesn't get in the way, and at least it'll be closer to home..  (y) and we might get some decent local beers  :LOL:

dunc

Well, they served Mendip ale in Wales so anything is possible....

Is it cake or pudding or tart? Some people are very picky about such things.

Maj

mulucaver said:
Bob Mehew said:

If you think the potholer was fine then you must be a Mendip caver.

Approx 1,300 pints of Potholer drunk, which was the beer that ran out first.
By the end of the weekend, there was a minimal quantity of the 720 pints of Bitter Bully/Gorge Best left.
A similar story from Burnley last year.
So I think I'm fairly safe in saying that one of the most popular beers amongst cavers is Potholer and will therefore most likely be available at HE-2014.
But I'm sure that the Bar Team will take into account any recommendations/suggestions for future conferences.

Maj.