• 50< club

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50< non-club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

tubby two

Hmm, the thread on declining caver numbers got me thinking about the kind of demographic you get across cavers, and wether there is an age gap, and how many are part of a club. Hence my little poll, just to get an idea, please fill it in, it's anonymous too.

For club (member) i'm refering to most of your caving activities.

Obviously it's not an accurate picture of the uk caving community, just those that use this site, which i guess is an overrepresentation of students, and young male adults, plus those internet-savvy grandads out there!

Just interested. Thanks!

tt.

T

tubby two

Hmm, had to do a bit of editing so the age gaps are a bit large and this might not work, oh well, worth a shot!

tt.

T

tubby two

Oh cr*p, i spelt caving wrong in the thread title to. Good job it's not an IQ poll eh, students, honestly!

Don't suppose one of you nice moderators knows how to change it do you?

tt.

Andy Sparrow

It would be interesting to do a poll on gender too. Actually, it would be better still to two polls - one for longer term cavers and one for those who have started in the last 5 years or so. I suspect the gender balance would be quite different in the two groups - it would certainly be interesting to see.

kay

tubby two said:
For club (member) i'm refering to most of your caving activities.

Damn. I voted before reading this bit, and it won't let me un-vote. So subtract one club member and add one non-club member

kay

tubby two said:
Ok, we'll assume like most women, you're 21 ;o)

tt.

The previous version of ukcaving displayed ages (along with zodiac signs, chinese year signs etc) - this seems to have disappeared with the latest re-vamp.

I'm nearer 21 than I am to 100 :wink:

And I was 47 when I started caving.

Rachel

andymorgan said:
Does the BCA have stats of cavers ages and gender?

Just think, if they did, they could have an offshoot caver dating service.

I'd like a 6', dark handsome unbearded male caver who owns his own camper van please.

newcastlecaver

a caver dating service could be horrible- imagine the families that would be created- a small proportion of mankind would head back to the dark ages as families of bearded, oddly shaped people who here inherently tight fisted roamed our rural areas. Is it just me or are all cavers tight with money and does this extend to caver families?

E

emgee

newcastlecaver said:
a caver dating service could be horrible- imagine the families that would be created- a small proportion of mankind would head back to the dark ages as families of bearded, oddly shaped people who here inherently tight fisted roamed our rural areas. Is it just me or are all cavers tight with money and does this extend to caver families?

Was looking for a new oversuit and srt harness recently and having seen some of the prices I assime there are some cavers who aren't tight with their money. Or atleast a lot less tight than me.

cap n chris

newcastlecaver said:
Is it just me or are all cavers tight with money and does this extend to caver families?

Not me!

However, as a general rule I've found cavers to be tighter than a gnat's chuff. A very small gnat with a very small chuff. And a virgin gnat. Yes, a very small tight chuff indeed. In fact, remarkably small. Yes, cavers are the tightest people in the world. But not always the smallest.

Peter Burgess

My oversuit is well over 10 years old, I've still got two krabs from 1980, and I won't go caving unless I've got at least two other people to travel with to share the fuel costs.

Yes, I'm tight. So what?

gus horsley

I've got a wetsuit that's more glue than neoprene, an oversuit I nicked from the MOD, a weirdly-corroded lump of metal that I think was once a krab and a lamp with 10 seconds of light in it after a charge.
'Course I'm bloody tight - I'm from Yorkshire.

E

emgee

Rachel said:
andymorgan said:
Does the BCA have stats of cavers ages and gender?

Just think, if they did, they could have an offshoot caver dating service.

I'd like a 6', dark handsome unbearded male caver who owns his own camper van please.

Should there be any 6', dark handsome unbearded male caver out there who is keen to take up Rachel's offer I have a camper van with a few months MOT on it free to a good home.

And if you don't fancy Rachel it's the same price.

Rachel

emgee said:
[

Should there be any 6', dark handsome unbearded male caver out there who is keen to take up Rachel's offer I have a camper van with a few months MOT on it free to a good home.

And if you don't fancy Rachel it's the same price.

Actually, sod the tall dark caver - I'll just take the camper.