NORTHERN CAVES AND DESCENT BACK ISSUES FOR SALE

Rupert S

Full set, volumes 1-5 Northern Caves for sale.
Also, back issues of Descent going back to Issue 33 and inc. nos. 40 and 41, total 58 issues pre-2002.
Any reasonable offer considered.

damian

No doubt you'd probably rather sell them as a set, but if you get no interest, I'll happily take Descent 39 off your hands.

grahams

Have a look at what Northern Caves is selling for on flEbay - you might be in for a pleasant surprise. The original paper backed series is particularly sought after as the print run was short and they had a tendency to disintegrate. If I remember correctly, one of the set was sold for over ?60 last year. The later plastic backed editions also bring good prices.

ianball11

The York library has  a couple paper backed copies, kept in a locked room in the reference section to be read in the reference section only :read:

Rupert S

They are the old style paper backed volumes.

rychwdwr - have you got nothing better to do than take the piss, son ?

rhychydwr1

Rupert S said:

Its a genuine offer.  ?10 cash in a brown envelope.  No questions asked.  Has anybody made a better offer?

Alex

?10 was how much I paid for my 5 (old volumes) so that is a genuine offer, I guess.

moorebooks

Rupert S said:

He isn't capable any longer without taking the tablets. Although to be fair  they are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them and ?10.00 is a start. Tony as a poor pensioner also needs to keep his cottage warm as the cost of coal has gone up so much 

I won't insult you with what you may consider to be a poor offer so  How much do you want for the Northen Caves volumes?

Mike

Amy

I am very interested in the Decent collection but I just knew better than to make an offer because I am quite sure shipping to the states would be horrendous.  :cry:

rhychydwr1

Amy said:
I am very interested in the Decent collection but I just knew better than to make an offer because I am quite sure shipping to the states would be horrendous.  :cry:

Postage to Uncle Sam for 500 gram packet is ?4.86 surface mail, takes about 8 weeks.  Airmail takes about 10 days and cost ?7.98.  As the postage is roughly pro-rater for 2kg muliply by 4.

Amy

so about 20 GBP for the postage alone...which is about $30 US. What did you want to get for the collection?

Rupert S

Scott, Mike- ?15 each for the NCs seems reasonable as they are now pretty sought after items, ie. ?75 for the lot. I would be happy to part with the Descents for ?25 as I need some space.
Amy, not only would you have to pay for postage to the US bit also for a cash transfer or bank draft so the process would be a bit more hassle than I want really. Easiset thing for me would be to exchange them in the dales anytime, for cash.
Call me on 01200 440092 if interested.

rhychydwr1

Keep a watch on fleabay  NC 1 to 5 usually go for ?3 each and the 1991 edition of Vol 2 for:

Northern Caves 2 The Three Peaks A Brook Caving Mining Yo...
Member ID gazzerwales | Feedback score of 1459 | 100.0% 
?6.99
+ ?2.50
postage & packaging