Ogof Draenen Round Trip Not Passable 4.8.2016

ogofawyr

Ogof Draenen Round Trip Not Passable 4.8.2016
The clockwise round trip is at the moment not passable. A short way into the Squirrel Rifts after leaving St. David?s Chamber a boulder which has fallen from above has blocked a narrow section of upward going passage. The estimated weight of the boulder is 2 cwt and is well jammed in the constriction. Our efforts to move it failed. It will need to be removed from above. Hence it will need to be approached from the Main Stream following the round trip in an anti-clockwise direction. It may be possible to chisel it out but more likely bang will be required. The Pwll Ddu Management Group have been informed.

caving_fox

Aren't there several ways through that bit? I don't recall anything narrow - although it was a while ago when I was last there.

Huge

Planning on doing the round trip sometime this year. I'm sure the boulder will get sorted pretty quickly. Not sure if there are alternative ways through Squirrel Rifts as I've always gone the dame way. It is possible to do the trip and bypass Squirrel Rifts altogether.

Aggybat

The round trip was done earlier this week on the Llangattock Euro Camp and there is no problem. They used the route straight through squirrel rifts. The blockage must be an alternative route.