New passage in Gautries!

DAN

After diverting water in Guatries down through Angle and into the sump the water now flows through the sump and into pool chamber sump. The water has done some pretty surprising things it has completely removed the sump in pool chamber you can now crawl through straight into the passage beyond. The best part is that the water from Bob's Back passage sank in the floor of the chamber the other side of pool chamber you were able to crawl in a couple of body lengths, but it was very tight with nowhere to turn around. Since the water has set to work the passage has become 2.5 meters high 1.5 meters wide and keeps getting bigger every time we go in. Unfortunately it ends in a sump so we decided to have a look at nuns chuff pot Rob Evis was the only person to have been to the end (until last sat) and said it had opened up but was full of sticky mud but you could hear running water at the end. We were in there yesterday and Rob Grimes went down Nun's chuff pot for a look and said it is open just a bit tight but all the mud has washed away but you could hear running water loudly.

Dan

DAN

Found 50 mtrs of new walking passage has been found  today in Nun's Chuff  ending in a sump!

Dan

Goydenman

Dan said:
Found 50 mtrs of new walking passage has been found  today in Nun's Chuff  ending in a sump!

Dan

Wow great stuff well done - to you and the water!!
Heading which direction?

DAN

The water that can be heard is an inlet part way along the passage on the right unfortunatlyit is to small for people. We are going to leave the wter running for while as i think it may open up some more passage and in time and remove the sump.

Dan

DAN

You will not be able to unless you can dive, as the entrance is now under water. In fact i am looking forward to seeing what the water has done as it has been running since saturday. Has anyone been in P8 in the last week i am wondering if the mud is visable from Gautries in the stream and if water is coming from a different sump maybe Sand passage? I am going to try and get a look tomorrow.

Dan

DAN

Been for a look today and the new passages beyond Pool chamber are sumped so there must be a serious amount of water flowing out from P8 upstream sump as it must be backed up all the way.

Dan