Discussion re Face Masks

Paul Marvin

[gmod]New Topic split from Peak Cavern access Topic at https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=27165.0 [/gmod]

cooleycr said:
Great news everybody - the Covid_19 restrictions on Peak Cavern have now been lifted so everything is as per pre-pandemic times.The following rules remain in place -? Entry must be made before 10:00 ? meet key holder at allotted time, usually 09:45 ** this is to get larger groups into the main cave before the paying public arrive, smaller groups can request later access **? Face masks MUST be worn while passing through the show cave? Social distancing (2m) should be maintained throughout the cave, especially in the show cave.? Exit at any time, but must be by 4PM if there is an event taking place.Please note that the keyholder team are all unpaid volunteers (no mileage claims) with families and other commitments so it may not always be possible to issue a permit.
Charley Although I dont have any issues what so ever following rules , what is funny as we last went we had our masks on with about 40 people at the end looking at us come up the muddy slope with none on  :-\

pwhole

My only issue with this is, where do you put your mask whilst caving in order that it'll still be a functioning mask when you get back out? Peak Cavern trips aren't known for the dryness or cleanliness. I guess this is where Peli might see a business opportunity.

Paul Marvin

pwhole said:
My only issue with this is, where do you put your mask whilst caving in order that it'll still be a functioning mask when you get back out? Peak Cavern trips aren't known for the dryness or cleanliness. I guess this is where Peli might see a business opportunity.

We hung ours on the electric box just over the barrier buddy  (y)

pwhole

Good idea - as long as you don't pick up someone else's by mistake! Maybe this is where I get to finally use my Sutton Bridge United FC mask, and then it won't get confused with anyone else's :)

Boy Engineer

pwhole said:
Maybe this is where I get to finally use my Sutton Bridge United FC mask

Did they suffer from an excessively waterlogged pitch? I know we?ve had a lot of rain, but...... No wonder so many players are accused of diving.

Paul Marvin

pwhole said:
Good idea - as long as you don't pick up someone else's by mistake! Maybe this is where I get to finally use my Sutton Bridge United FC mask, and then it won't get confused with anyone else's :)

Lets hope the other fan doesn't turn up and confuse things  :LOL: :LOL:

cooleycr

Paul Marvin said:
cooleycr said:
Great news everybody - the Covid_19 restrictions on Peak Cavern have now been lifted so everything is as per pre-pandemic times.

The following rules remain in place -

? Entry must be made before 10:00 ? meet key holder at allotted time, usually 09:45 ** this is to get larger groups into the main cave before the paying public arrive, smaller groups can request later access **
? Face masks MUST be worn while passing through the show cave
? Social distancing (2m) should be maintained throughout the cave, especially in the show cave.
? Exit at any time, but must be by 4PM if there is an event taking place.

Please note that the keyholder team are all unpaid volunteers (no mileage claims) with families and other commitments so it may not always be possible to issue a permit.

Charley

Although I dont have any issues what so ever following rules , what is funny as we last went we had our masks on with about 40 people at the end looking at us come up the muddy slope with none on  :-\

I know what you mean Paul, it is odd indeed that there are so many people with medical exemptions..But it has been asked of us and if we don't comply it could cause issues with future access.
I always leave my mask in a small tackle bag just up from the slide, this is also my signal to the guides that I am still in the system or not...

pwhole

Lets hope the other fan doesn't turn up and confuse things  :LOL: :LOL:

Hahah, you're not wrong there. It's my mate in Sheffield who's from there, and insists on getting his own SBUFC merchandise done privately - for himself mainly! The mask was a birthday present as he knows how much I love football :)