Anything odd happening to unread posts?

crickleymal

On Friday there were about 15 unread posts when I logged in. I only read 2 of them so when I looked yesterday I was surprised to see just 2 unread posts, neither of which I wanted to read. This morning there is only 1 unread post.

Roger W

The forum does seem to have been very quiet the last few days.

Maybe everyone has been too busy caving..?

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Roger W said:
The forum does seem to have been very quiet the last few days.

Maybe everyone has been too busy caving..?

The weekend is always quietest on UKC according to the stats - busiest time is a Monday (anyone would think folks get to work and check on the forum, surely not  :eek:), however I will look to see if there is a problem with 'unread posts', thanks, Pegasus  (y)

crickleymal

Peter Burgess said:
"Recent Posts" shows very little happening today.
Yes but surely unread posts means the posts that I haven't read not posts that everyone else hasn't read? So if there were 15 on Friday there should still be 15 on Saturday.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but surely unread posts means the posts that I haven't read not posts that everyone else hasn't read? So if there were 15 on Friday there should still be 15 on Saturday.
[/quote]

Agreed - will look into it, promise.

Inferus

Is the unread posts crickleymal refers to the link in the header: "Show unread posts since last visit"?
If so then the clue is partly in the name "since last visit" - I think this throws out any threads that have had replies since your last visit, rather than anything you haven't read. A little confusing perhaps?
There is a similar link on the home page (http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php) "forum - unread posts" - which provides the same output.

crickleymal

Inferus said:
Is the unread posts crickleymal refers to the link in the header: "Show unread posts since last visit"?
If so then the clue is partly in the name "since last visit" - I think this throws out any threads that have had replies since your last visit, rather than anything you haven't read. A little confusing perhaps?
There is a similar link on the home page (http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php) "forum - unread posts" - which provides the same output.

That's not how it's worked in the past.

Filter

This has been discussed quite extensively in this thread. Personally I suggest merging this into that because all of the information I'd be typing is duplicated in that thread already.

crickleymal

It's happened again.There were 10 unread topics last night (10 topics I hadn't read that is), this morning 4. It doesn't change whether I click on "Recent unread topics" or "Unread topics since last visit".

Simon Wilson

crickleymal said:
It's happened again.There were 10 unread topics last night (10 topics I hadn't read that is), this morning 4. It doesn't change whether I click on "Recent unread topics" or "Unread topics since last visit".

And?

bograt

If you read (i.e. empty) the recent unread topics folder, then try it again, the title bar shows 'no recent unread topics, click here to see all unread topics' click there and they should show.

Bottlebank

I highlighted the problem a few months ago.

The solution is to use "ALL UNREAD TOPICS" link which appears at the right at the bottom of the list when you click "Show unread posts since last visit."