Winnatts pass, eldon quarry and oxlow layby on top gear

ZombieCake

The Bugatti Chiron also featured is a 4 wheel drive so therefore an ace caving vehicle.  One of the best points of Top Gear (in my view) is the great landscape filming and it's nice to know where it was done in the UK. Must get back to Derbyshire at some point.

alastairgott

Top bus must be the x63 from swansea (or neath train station) to dan-y-ogof.
Although i think there could be a close second by the sheffield to castleton bus.
Or the lancaster to ingleton bus.

markpot

There was some VERY EXPENSIVE cars doing laps around ribblehead this weekend,almost certainly filming or a photo shoot.wondered if it was top gear?

cooleycr

alastairgott said:
And the street scenes i think were in the northern quarter in manchester, but may well have got this wrong.

Yes young man, you DID get it wrong, it was actually filmed across the other side of the ring road in Ancoats (he was whizzing down Naval St. and past Bengal St.) but I accept that they do look very much alike, especially at night, except of course there are loads of bars in N4 and chuff-all in Ancoats - Seven Bro7ers Brew-tap excepted of course..

But good call, it is always fun to spot somewhere you have visited on the old goggle-box..  :clap:

Alex

I thought it was the Peak, I guess I was right. I must admit when I read the title, I was thinking people had left caving gear on top of things in those places.

Mrs Trellis

It starts at 20 mins - the snowy scenes I think are top of the Snake Pass with Bleaklow, the Mam Nick/Winnats/Oxlow scenes are rainy. Look at the roadside - wire fences at Bleaklow, wooden fences at Mam Nick , drystone walls at Oxlow/Mam Tor Swallow corner/ gate to Windy Knoll. The Oxlow bit was shot from Froghole I think. You can see gruffy ground on New Rake on the Giant's side of the road. Going up the Winnats is obvious but short whereas the Oxlow layby bit is repeated a few times.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08l56x6/top-gear-series-24-episode-4

pwhole

The first snowy scenes look like the Ringinglow to Hathersage road, via the back of Higger Tor to me. Burbage Valley can be seen in one shot.

droid

pwhole said:
The first snowy scenes look like the Ringinglow to Hathersage road, via the back of Higger Tor to me. Burbage Valley can be seen in one shot.

Yep. Heading both ways I think. Over the upper Burbage Bridge.

pwhole

I've spent a lot of time up there over the decades - one of my favourite spots. Sadly my interest in cars is pretty limited, so I didn't even make the end of the feature! There's only so many close-up shots of 'grippy tyres on tarmac' and other camerawork clich?s I can tolerate.

alastairgott

Must be all them excellent drivers who drive through Sheffield with their High performance Exhausts in the late evening.

and the bikes on the country roads while your being a troll and fettling the bridges ;)

Don't get PWhole started on the sound systems! :D