Stoney Middleton "Hollywood" Filmset

pwhole

Pah - I was caving up the hill above that with Roy Rodgers last week and he's way cooler than Tom Cruise, and does his own stunts.

wellyjen

pwhole said:
Pah - I was caving up the hill above that with Roy Rodgers last week and he's way cooler than Tom Cruise, and does his own stunts.
Roy is taller too.  :)

Blueberry

T pot 2. You may well be right. It's been along time. I was last there having a breakfast in about 1987, caving with Nottingham University. The story of the name as I recall, was about a girl who tried to commit suicide by jumping off the hill and her skirt opened and acted as a parachute. She survived and so the cafe got it's name. Whether she started the cafe I don't know.  :)

glyders

A few years back I was in Porth yr Ogof when they were filming a scene for Britannia. Lots of extra fibre-glass rocks brought in, lighting rigs, etc. At one point I thought I heard a flood pulse coming and had a bit of a panic until a giant camera drone came sweeping in and landed on a platform they'd set up just short of White Horse Pool.
Nice thing was they kept letting me take groups through while they set up. Then when it came to filming they let me know where I could still go but not the entrance chamber. So we lay with our torches off in a side passage and watched.