White Lady Dive Kit Configuration

PeteHall

I've not dived at White Lady, but if it has anything in common with its neighbours, you certainly wouldn't want to back mount.

Paul Marvin

PeteHall said:
I've not dived at White Lady, but if it has anything in common with its neighbours, you certainly wouldn't want to back mount.

We do dive side mount however when I have got all the camera equipment filming underwater it's better back mount for me

tomferry

If I may just cherp in I forgot since I met you their Paul which ones are connected,

If I am wrong  please correct me you can dive lnrc into bridge ? Can you then drive to town drain ? I assume once your in town drain you cannot dive to the white lady ?

Tom

PeteHall

Down and beyond said:
If I am wrong  please correct me you can dive lnrc into bridge ?
Correct.

Can you then drive to town drain ? I assume once your in town drain you cannot dive to the white lady ?
No and no.

Back to the question of kit configuration, having now read the book, back mount might be OK if just going from White Lady to Pwll y Rhyd, but definitely not for a dive up to White Lady 2, which involves "two intimidating extremely muddy bedding plane squeezes".

Perhaps best to familiarise yourself with the sump  on  lightweight side-mount setup before lugging filming kit in?

A survey might be helpful to clarify the relationship between various caves:
http://www.ubss.org.uk/resources/proceedings/vol18/UBSS_Proc_18_2_314-316.pdf

mrodoc

You could dive White Lady as a through trip with a back mount. The underwater passage is large enough but debris such as tree trunks and branches do get washed in at the other end so risk of snagging. Be warned there is a branch passage in White Lady on the left that leads to more cave: it is low and narrow and definitely requires side mounts (and a line).

Paul Marvin

mrodoc said:
You could dive White Lady as a through trip with a back mount. The underwater passage is large enough but debris such as tree trunks and branches do get washed in at the other end so risk of snagging. Be warned there is a branch passage in White Lady on the left that leads to more cave: it is low and narrow and definitely requires side mounts (and a line).

Cheers for that is there a permanent line in the main passage ?

Huge

Was at White Lady / Cwm Pwll y Rhyd last Sunday Paul. There are no fixed lines (at the surface anyway) and there are LOTS of trees at the upstream end of the dive in Pwll y Rhyd. Obviously I don't know if there are trees in the sump itself.

Hope you have a good dive.  (y)

Paul Marvin

Huge said:
Was at White Lady / Cwm Pwll y Rhyd last Sunday Paul. There are no fixed lines (at the surface anyway) and there are LOTS of trees at the upstream end of the dive in Pwll y Rhyd. Obviously I don't know if there are trees in the sump itself.

Hope you have a good dive.  (y)

Thanks for the heads up bro  (y)