Where everything seems to be made

ZombieCake

Read this on the baseplate of my new camera as was attaching a tripod mounting plate. In the order it's actually written:

Panasonic
Representative in Europe:
Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH
Panasonic Testing Centre Winsbergring 15,
22525 Hamburg, Germany
Panasonic Corporation
Kadoma Osaka Japan
Made in China

Kind of made me laugh how the supply chain really works independent of all the political sabre rattling.
Oh well, it's actually a very, very, nice grade of Chinesium in this case, and I've had both my anti-Wuhan jabs so should be OK.

mrodoc

It is like beer though. Doom Bar is mostly brewed in Burton on Trent and I think most breweries there are ultimately US owned!

droid

mrodoc said:
It is like beer though. Doom Bar is mostly brewed in Burton on Trent and I think most breweries there are ultimately US owned!

It's brewed by Coors who have the old Bass brewery.

The other big brewery is Marstons part owned by Carlsberg UK. They are British.

Have to say that drinking Doom Bar in Burton is a pretty good experience... ;)

Speleofish

If you drink cider, you can go really, really local... Our village collaborates to make a barrel each year. Most of the apples travel a few hundred yards but we have an arrangement with a cider farm a few miles away which increases our booze miles a little.
It was  bit dodgy at first but the last two years have been genuinely good. Usually, we crack the barrel in early June and have an enormous party. This year we've had to postpone it, so we're trying to work out how we can consume 70-odd gallons at 8.5% alcohol without turning into hepatological statistics.

RobinGriffiths

Carling is Coors. But as that is the most blandest of lagers (apparantly Carling was originaly brewed for the 'bland British palette'!!), being taken over by an American company, with their watery beer heritage, I suppose was inevitable. A lot of other brewers e.g. Whitbread, Greenals eschewed their brewing heritage and went down the property/general hospitality route.

Worthington Creamflow (tm) owned by Coors is the 'largest selling ale in Wales' according to Wikipedia. Must be a South Wales thing, not seen it round these Northern parts.