Top hut

mikem

Chelsea recently found themselves to be highest in altitude, but missed off the NPC 150m, UBSS 155m, Cerberus 205m, MNRC & Craven 230m, Shepton & Wessex 255m, the Dudley's windmill also has accommodation, but I'm not sure exactly where it is (& are we missing any others ?)...

The Welsh huts would also seem to average the highest at 285m, with Peak next 272, Dales 234 & Mendip 230.

Attachments

• IMG_20210725_150457.jpg
    IMG_20210725_150457.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 774

mch

Pitlamp said:
The former SUSS hut, up at Rowter Farm, would have taken some beating.
For a photo see The Derbyshire Caver, no 145 Summer 2017 page 12 - downloadable from the DCA website at https://thedca.org.uk/publications/newsletters .

pwhole

I wish the TSG were at 250m, as it would be a lot less effort walking up to bloody Winnats Head Cave in blazing sunshine like we did today. Down was nice though. The Peak Cavern Resurgence is at 196m, and I know there's a 'hill' past the chippy, but come on, you go down the other side of it past the church! Google Earth says 192m AOD. The Four Ways Club building is at 231m, so maybe they got us confused with that :)

Dickie

Indeed, Ben lived in a hen hut at Rowter Farm when he was digging at the bottom of Nettle and Winnats Head. He used to come and have a bath at my place and in gratitude named that passage in Winnats, Cornwall Avenue, which was the place in Fairfield in Buxton I was living at the time. Sorry, off topic - it wasn't exactly much of a caving hut!

pwhole

I'm just sorting out some photos of mineral gravel that I did today in Cornwall Avenue, funnily enough :)

mikem

Adjustment to TSG would take the Peak average down to 245m, which is surprisingly close to Dales & Mendip (although I guess the limestone is at similar altitudes throughout)