BCRA Annual Review Photo Request

pwhole

The 2020 BCRA Annual Review is currently in production, and one of the most visual segments of the magazine, the Hidden Earth Photo Salon, is sadly not present this year due to the Covid lockdown cancelling last year's festival. It seems a shame not to include some quality cave science photos in this year's edition, so we're putting out an open request for photos to be included in the Review, and possibly also on the back cover.

Ideally the photos should have a cave-science 'theme', for example archaeology, biology, cave passage morphology, minerals, sediment, hydrology, speleothems, and they should be of sufficient quality for full-colour hi-res reproduction. If you think you can help, and can hit a deadline of Oct. 4th, please email them to me at: review-editor@bcra.org.uk. If the images are large size, please use WeTransfer to send them to me.

Thanks

Phil Wolstenholme
BCRA Annual Review Editor

chunky

Hi Phil,

I have numerous photos from Actun Tunichil Muknal cave in Belize of calcified human remains, pottery offerings, alters etc from the Maya late classic period. Would they be of any use to you?

pwhole

Mark

I'm sure they would - obviously space will be limited to the usual four pages, and we'll have to give everyone a fair crack, but if you can send me a set to choose from that would be a great start!

Thanks

chunky

If others have shots then give them preference, I have plenty to fill gaps if needed, will send a link [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

mrodoc

I have a number of photographs of Lee Knight doing bioligical sampling in several caves if they are of interest.

pwhole

If you have, that wil be welcome, as I''ve got a short piece about that work, though they have already supplied me with two new sketches by Dominika on some of the shrimp-collecting. But let me see what you have anyway?

Thanks

PeteHall

We've got a picture or two placing dye detectors a the far end of Otter Hole recently. Nothing too glamourous and not HE photo salon standard, but definitely cave science. I can ask Craig to email you if they might be of use.

pwhole

Absolutely, thanks. Can't promise what I can use until I've got the full set in, but I'm a dab hand with Photoshop too, so they'll all get checked and polished where necessary :)

pwhole

Does anyone else have any high-quality cave science photos for full-colour publication? We could still do with some more. Pete, could you ask Craig again? :)