Gaping Gill - 150 Years of Exploration

I'm am trying to locate, and purchase, a copy of Gaping Gill - 150 Years of Exploration. Does anyone know where there is one without needing to sell a kidney? Amazon provided some pretty extorsionate options.

I know Howard Beck was considering publishing an updated edition of this book, but I imagine he is now having to put pen to paper again with the new entrances that have been found by BALLS and the White Rose.

CN

P

Pinch

Neil,

Please can you let me know if you find one at a good price !

Thanks

Dave

kay

I'm am trying to locate, and purchase, a copy of Gaping Gill - 150 Years of Exploration. Does anyone know where there is one without needing to sell a kidney? Amazon provided some pretty extorsionate options.

You've tried abebooks have you?
www.abebooks.co.uk
They've got 1 copy atm, at £54, but that's a 1st ed. If you can't find it elsewhere, may be worth coming back and seeing if any cheaper editon has become available.

Thanks for your input Kay... I live in America now and that would mean paying with dollars... Mr. Bush has had the interest rates set at such a low rate for such a long time that it makes the dollar weak. A 54 pound book would cost me $100. I will keep an eye on that site though. I should have bought the darn thing years ago when I was a poor student in Preston.

CN

phil

I saw this in Oxfam on Saturday, allegedly, a first edition for £19.99.

Sounds like I should have picked it up!

phil

Neil,

If you are still interested in this book, on the www.caving.uk.com notice board, Howard Beck was selling a copy himself

"I have available for sale a copy of "Gaping Gill, 150 Years of Exploration". It's an ex-library book but (amazingly so) very tidy c/w original jacket. Yours for £45 + postage

Howard Beck
howard@hbeck.fsworld.co.uk "

Might have gone by now?