Theoretical dig question

2xw

The quarantine has got me thinking about my fantasy dig.

Imagine I theoretically had a relative who theoretically lived in Eyam and they let me dig in their garden.

How deep would I have to sink a shaft to get into the caverns deep below (in a race to beat Mr. N and his house cave)

How much dya reckon it would cost?

At average cave digger speed, how long would it take?

Would it be legal?

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Spoil removal and dumping might be the problem.  You can only loose so much in the exercise yard  ;)

2xw

Planning to use it to fill in Carlswark, don't think anyone would mind. Failing that I hear there's some bloke up the road has a hole needs filling in

Mark

2xw said:
The quarantine has got me thinking about my fantasy dig.

Imagine I theoretically had a relative who theoretically lived in Eyam and they let me dig in their garden.

How deep would I have to sink a shaft to get into the caverns deep below (in a race to beat Mr. N and his house cave)

How much dya reckon it would cost?

At average cave digger speed, how long would it take?
Would it be legal?

About 70mtrs Will

You would need planning permission, however speaking as an Eyam Parish Councillor I would suggest approval is unlikely  ;)

2xw

Bugger. I really will have to do the exercise yard shuffle. The Stoney Middleton master system won't evade me forever!

A_Northerner

Stoney Middleton Flood Management Group always looking for fill to sort out their never-ending moisture problem. I can put you in touch with a bloke further down the hill who'd love to take some hot plague soil off your hands. Just make sure you wipe it all down with a flannel to reduce risk of transmission.