Two forum problems

AR

I'm having a couple of problems with UKC today....

1) I want to edit a post I made yesterday but I can't find any option anywhere to allow me to do this - where is it hiding?

2) While trying to find the elusive edit button, I've managed to somehow set the site display with the font half its normal size, which is hard  to read even with eyesight as good as mine - how do I get it to change back?

cap n chris

1) You can't; there's a cut-off time limit. IIRC thirty minutes.
2) Try ctrl & the + button simultaneously.

Inferus

I believe you can only edit posts for a short period of time after creation, I'm sure the mods or owners will provide exact details - certainly not many hours/day after. You could PM a mod and ask them to change something, as long as it's not too drastic a change to the original post. Understandable restriction. (The Cap'n has replied while I was typing)

As for font size- I'm not aware of any option to change size via the forum. Is it possible you've changed size (zoom level) on your browser? If you use either IE or Chrome pressing Ctrl + 0 will return display/zoom/size to normal.

AR

Ctrl + worked for issue no.2, I'm not sure how it changed itself originally as I wasn't using keyboard commands and it only affected UKC, but it's back where it should be. Going OT for a moment, a favourite trick at my place of work to play on people who don't lock their computers when they leave their desk is ctrl-alt-arrow - may not work on all machines but amusing when it does!

As for the original issue, I will use the "report to moderator" option.

Mike Hopley

AR said:
Ctrl + worked for issue no.2, I'm not sure how it changed itself originally as I wasn't using keyboard commands and it only affected UKC

Most web browsers now save your font size (or page zoom) setting individually for each site.

"Ctrl and mousewheel" will also zoom the page.