New forum feature - karma - experimental!

bubba

Administrator
Ok, this is just an experiment to see how it works out.

If you have made more than 50 posts on the forum then you have the option to give or take karma from other posters.

In order to do so, you must give a decent, valid reason and not some petty nonsense.

If the system gets abused then i'll just disable it but if everyone plays nice then it can be a way of seeing which sort of posts/topics that the community values and which they don't.

D

Downer

bubba said:
In order to do so, you must give a decent, valid reason and not some petty nonsense.
So you're going to be Isvara are you? :)

Peter Burgess

Well, that's one way to find out which of us is Billy Nomates, I suppose. I've seem karma ratings go horribly wrong elsewhere. Karma wars!

bubba

Administrator
Well what i did on ukb was if somebody started abusing the karma system, i just undid all the karma they had dished out and gave it back to them :)

bubba

Administrator
because smiting yourself would be silly :)

also, "applaud" and "smite" can be changed - on ukb we have "wad" and "punter" instead :)

D

darkplaces

:cry: I can see me getting so many smites I am going to catch on fire and burn for eternity.

Burnt furr stinks you know! :yucky:

mak

There you go c**tplaces - I suspect you harbor a secret desire to be the most smited member so I've started the ball rolling.

D

darkplaces

Cheers  (y)

Its not anonymouse if then a post appears informing you of the smite  :ras:

Who smited bubba then?

SamT

Anne said:
Likewise, we'll send some waddage too. Karma points don't pay the bills!

Ah - I was using the UKbouldering term - as in wad points, or applause points on this site.

Im sure he'd appreciate some notes though. Once a year - bubba puts up a dontate button for a week or so - usually when the hosting bills come around. Not sure when its next due.