Alum pot greasy slab alternative route

JoW

Has anyone been down the alternative route from the bottom of the dolly tubs to the bridge (on the right as you come out) recently and if so is it on spits or resin anchors?
Any information appreciated  :)

Chocolate fireguard

If you mean on the right as you come out into the main shaft (involves scrambling up onto a big boulder then traversing along it to a short drop to a rebelay?) then it's beem P bolted for a very long time.

damian

About 5 anchors along followed by a short descent to a single-bolt rebelay. The rope is best combined with the traverse line along to the descent over the bridge ... can all be done on a 50m rope down to the bottom of the bridge.

JoW

Super, thanks both  :) I thought I remembered it but if they're not official cncc bolts then it's super tricky to find the info!

JoW

langcliffe said:
They are all on the Alum Pot CNCC rigging guide - bolts 15 to 20.

Those are just the usual route from the bottom of the greasy slab to the top of the bridge are they not? I was enquiring after those that go round the wall opposite the greasy slab then joins the traverse to the bridge

langcliffe

JoW said:
langcliffe said:
They are all on the Alum Pot CNCC rigging guide - bolts 15 to 20.

Those are just the usual route from the bottom of the greasy slab to the top of the bridge are they not? I was enquiring after those that go round the wall opposite the greasy slab then joins the traverse to the bridge

Sorry - I understand where you mean, now. It has a rebelay The top section is almost as greasy as the greasy slab!

alum.jpg

damian

That's the one, Langcliffe. There is also an interesting alternative hang on the final pitch of Alum. Instead of the traditional route down the right hand-side,  there is an entirely separate route high on the left-hand side. It's about 6 bolts along and is a nice, more technical alternative. Needs more rope.

langcliffe

damian said:
That's the one, Langcliffe. There is also an interesting alternative hang on the final pitch of Alum. Instead of the traditional route down the right hand-side,  there is an entirely separate route high on the left-hand side. It's about 6 bolts along and is a nice, more technical alternative. Needs more rope.

Yes - we tried that once. It gives a drier hang in wetter conditions. One or two loose blocks, if I remember rightly.