Dry Wath Bedding

Goydenman

Re: Link between Frog and New Goyden
1. Sent report to Descent
2. Ammended cave wiki
3. Need to finish off final session or two to make it wide enough for rest of us like me to get through!
4. We need to clear 'hanging death' from top of pitch
5. We need to clear out all the digging tools plus that pipe and belting
6. We need to move onto next dig  :D!

Goydenman

See you Thursday.
Nice if we can get all widening finished this Thurs leaving clear up for trip through next week with my pot off!

Goydenman

Goydenman said:
Re: Link between Frog and New Goyden
1. Sent report to Descent
2. Ammended cave wiki
3. Need to finish off final session or two to make it wide enough for rest of us like me to get through!
4. We need to clear 'hanging death' from top of pitch
5. We need to clear out all the digging tools plus that pipe and belting
6. We need to move onto next dig  :D!

1. Done
2. Done
3. Will be done this week.....at last eh
4. Done
5. Done
6. North choke dig here we come

Goydenman

BREAKTHROUGH at last Ralf and I made the first trip from New Goyden to Frog pot on Saturday night November 13th!! We thought it would happen in August see previous email but have encountered problems since not only in digging but even getting to dig. It was quite a trip water levels were very high in New Goyden stream passage but the weather report was ok. Ralf got into the Dry Wath bedding only to find it with numerous pools of water. With gritted determination (and a wetsuit!) he managed somehow to keep the drill dry and pushed through the last two feet to break through. It was an awesome piece of digging well done Ralf. I followed him through pushing two helmets and an ammo can infront and then Ralf went back for our SRT kits. Months ago Ralf had actually managed to squeeze through from Frog to New Goyden, only just, hurting himself in the process but now it was a big enough connection for even my 46" chest to get through. Getting out of Frog was interesting because we had not planned for getting through that night and so once through the connection we knew I would have to climb up the 15m pitch in Frog to get out. That was ok I have climbed it before but when we got to it there was a waterfall falling down the pitch. Fortunately the climb took me out of waterfall a couple of time to get a breather and soon both of us were up and exited Frog pot elated. Now come the spring we will get back to digging Frog North choke heading for Goyden. It will feel good to be back on course digging for the final connection rather than enlarging a present connection so its big enough for people like me and others to get through! But it was worth spening time on it as I am looking forward to that Manchester Hole to New Goyden through trip.

deanj

keep it up , will be a bril trip once its all done just wish i lived closer to help on them dark nights

deanj

should hopefully free the second sunday in DEcember (no ikkle person)if thats any good to you plus should have 2 others available as well
keep it up
cheers dean j

Goydenman

Sorry miseed your previous note.
Connection now completed enjoy.
Having said that we noticed that the bedding collects a large pool of water followingh the floods with the removal of one small ridge it should drain away itself so we might return and that sometime. Presently though we want to push on with Frog-Goyden link if ever free to help with that let us know.