Training

CaverGarr

Hi, I'm fairly new to caving and after 4 trips want to take up SRT. Problem is my club always meet and train in the week which aint no good for my job that starts at 6am to 8pm if I'm lucky. is there any one/clubs doing SRT training at Weekends??
Travel isn't a problem, South Wales/Derbyshire/Yoirkshire all good for me as I live betweem the M5/M42/M40 in Worcestershire.
Look forward to hearing from you

skippy

Hi,
I got on a course with Dave Galavan at 'Yorkshire Dales Guides' near Horton.
I returned to the sport after an 18 year break and the course Dave offered was perfect.
Google his his site and take a peek..There are courses to suit all abilities.
Dave is a top bloke and will provide great assistance both above and below ground.

Glenn

barrabus

Also, take a look at this page for information on a training grant from the BCA.

http://british-caving.org.uk/?page=36

The Training Committee has a small annual budget to promote the education and training of ?recreational? cavers, and also holds a small stock of equipment that can be loaned for training purposes. The committee is also anxious to promote SRT Training.

Maximum grant aid will generally not exceed 1/3 of the overall cost of the training. Where overall costs do not exceed ?100 the full cost may be granted.