New guy!

Blinky

Hi Im quite new to caving but Ive done enough caves to know I love it and have now invested in an oversuit and SRT rig!  I usually cave with a couple of much more experienced guys but Im trying to share my interest with some friends and want to take them down Jug Holes which from research appears to be a good novice cave.  I was just wondering if anybody with experience of the cave could tell me what clothes we might need to wear ie thermals waterproofs wellies etc and also if there is anything else we should be aware of in the cave?

Thanks

owd git

Gis a shout when you plan to go . o/suit with light clothing / under-suit will more than suffice.
Do you like mud? it rained over the w/end, and the usual result (in Derbyshire , with a few exceptions, ) is mud. It's good mud tho'!
Only warning : T'owd mans workings have a lot of loose roof. keep to the usual (posted / see reports) routes, until you are happy to judge for yourself how safe aroof is. (see owd git photo bucket jug holes bit! (y))
Beyond that do have fun and enjoy a lovely little system.
Owd Git.

Blinky

Thanks for that chap. 

We are planning to head down there on the 13th of August.  I have an old survey map and I think we
will go in through the adit entrance and have a good look at the natural caverns before heading out the same way and going round and down to the lower section through the old mine entrance.  I understand there is a 3 meter shaft linking the two levels but Im not sure how climbable it is so will probably err on the side of caution. 

I love mud but I only have a wetsuit to wear under my outersuit do you think this will be too warm?

Brains

You'll be a boil in the bag caver! For Jug Holes just pld clothes and a cotton boiler suit is fine - was down there with Ditzyand Cavemonkey and 3 others last Sunday and was wearing a thermal T shirt and shorts under a cotton boiler suit and was OK. The climbs up/down to the mine workings and the natural are freeclimbable but slippery, a pre rigged handline would help, or for a belayed climb a 20m rope for a lower end belay is fine.