Waterproof cave surveying books

2xw

Hi,

We will be printing a load of survey books for the SUSS exped to Spain. They'll be on waterproof tear resistant paper (I'm gunna be testing it properly soon). They'll be A5 or A6, wirebound, and will be printed with the standard LRUD + graph paper layout specifically for caves. We will be using topodroid but these are backups.

As far as the business is concernwd, we will consequently have a quantity of waterproof paper. Some will be for sale, they will be equal or slightly more expensive than the waterproof notebooks currently on market (owing to them being printed, and having more pages than current offerings)

Drop me a pm or comment here if you're interested - I'll print a demo soon and make a video of me using it/trying to destroy it.

JoW

I would be interested if they're sufficiently waterproof-paper choice seems quite crucial. My old muddy duck (?) one seems to be good thick plastic paper, with plastic binding and has held up very well, but they don't seem to be available anymore. My rite in the rain one leaks around the corners of the paper and gets soggy given enough rain as I think it just has a waterproof coating, and my chartwell waterproof one has thinner plastic paper and is waterproof but the pages have stuck together....

Antwan

Muddy duck books are still available, just ask me!

Never seem to have time to get the 'shop' stocked.

2xw, have you considered a plastic coil binding? Waterproof and more crush resistant.

2xw

Hey, not considered plastic binding cos we don't have any - most of our stuff is perfect binding (or wire Canadian) of books, leaflets etc. Not making this a regular thing, just buying a "quantity" of the synthetic paper and after making maybe 5-10 books for suss I'll be looking to get rid of it.

JoW

Antwan said:
Muddy duck books are still available, just ask me!

Never seem to have time to get the 'shop' stocked.

2xw, have you considered a plastic coil binding? Waterproof and more crush resistant.

That's good to know, I couldn't find anything on the website so thought they had disappeared. 2 years of cave monitoring hasn't killed mine yet so I'll be keen for a new one once it's full  :)