Gautries has Gone....Extensions!!

DAN

Gautries has now tripled in length!!
The much looked at sump in pool chamber dried up of its own accord recently, it may have been dry for a while. Bob Toogood spotted it on a recent trip, and insisted we had a look.... it paid off!!!
It is a good trip to the end, if a little muddy, but you can get clean in the stream after. We are digging at the end and hope to extend it and still have not yet surveyed all the minor passages.

Dan

SamT

from what I've gathered from the folks there, is that the bottom of the sump just needed a bit of scraping back/digging out which left a rather unpleasant duck.

Bit mad to think of all the effort put in over the years on that sump, divers, dams, pumps on the surface, then it goes and just dries up of its own accord. Very odd, given the amount of rain we've had too.

JAM

Maybe it suggests there is yet more to find along the verticle. It's got to have drained somewhere.
This is interesting..  (y)

Rich

Imo

Jam said:
Maybe it suggests there is yet more to find along the verticle. It's got to have drained somewhere.
This is interesting..  (y)

Rich

Well well well....how odd that the sump has dried up!

SamT

:LOL: - hmm - not sure, there are few ducks apparently, lots of little tubes everywhere, its a bit up and down, bit of a wide flat out bedding, and few mud slopes (so I've been told).

However, I suspect the end is changing right as we type, since Dan et al are down there tonight.

AndyF

SamT said:
:LOL: - hmm - not sure, there are few ducks apparently, lots of little tubes everywhere, its a bit up and down, bit of a wide flat out bedding, and few mud slopes (so I've been told).

He he it sounds three times worse not three times longer....  ;)

Jams

We are still digging at the end and now looking side passages. And number dependant get some more surveying done!

DAN

We should extend it again tonight there is around 170 meters surveyed, by the time we survey the side passages and the stuff at the end we should have the rope in bag! (hopefully) There is a good draught at the end so hopfully it will be easy to extend and there should be a lower series which we might be able to get in to.

Dan

littletitan

Dan said:
We should extend it again tonight there is around 170 meters surveyed, by the time we survey the side passages and the stuff at the end we should have the rope in bag! (hopefully) There is a good draught at the end so hopfully it will be easy to extend and there should be a lower series which we might be able to get in to.

Dan

Hold your horses Dan!!
Ok, so you might beat us, but pay close attention to that Orpheus lot and there Dowel extension  ;)

- Robbie