Big-Push Nidderdale Diving OK Digging postponed

Goydenman

Big-push DIVING ? still planned to go ahead depending on weather
The divers aim to push Nidd Head and New Goyden with the aim of making the final link in the Goyden system. It will be a major accomplishment if achieved and require significant personal and technical diving capability with over 2km gap with obstacles to overcome.
They need support with 2-3 sherpas per day ? i?m looking to make a rota from the volunteers available.

Big-Push DIGGING ? POSTPONED (till late summer?)  :(
In order for diggers to have good digs to push and reasonable chance of success we wanted to have ready the following:
? Access for diggers into Goyden 3 choked roof tube (not even started)
? Guscott dig ready so that it can be pushed further (some progress made)
? Access to Aquamole series via Frog pot and bypass dig to sump 6 ready to push (not started but quick to sort)
? Cararvan Trail surface dig to have reached bedrock (started but no sign of bedrock yet just a big swimming pool at present!)
? Plus some other leads sorted (little progress)
Due to various factors not only are we making too slow progress on these but have now been hit by a further setback. There has been a major collapse in Thrope pot that must be sorted now before it gets even worse. Oh well I am not too down about it (no pun intended) at least we have the summer now to get things ready so watch out for further announcements.
Thanks to those who have signalled interest in the Big-Push ? we will work hard to have things ready for the back end of the summer.

Goydenman

FREE SATURDAY 23RD AND/OR SATURDAY 3OTH MARCH
JOIN US ON GOYDEN SUMP 6 BYPASS DIG
The Big-Push Nidderdale (digging) is now planned for the end of the summer. In the meantime we plan to push ahead on key digs so that come the time of the Big-Push there is chance of significant breakthrough.
Join us either or both Saturdays for digging a 1.5m sand filled tube 5m above Goyden sump 6. Expected we will intersect small fault in about 8m with small stream (noticed by divers entering between sump 5 and sump6) that we think comes from Guscott pot (present dig). Easy dry comfortable digging requiring min of 4 people but you get wet upto your neck on the trip getting to it!!

andys

Best of luck with this - it will be a major achievemnt if any of it succeeds let alone if you manage to get everything linked up. Meantime, is there a survey which pulls all this together and indicates the "push" sites that you'd be willing to share?

Alex

Definately can't do 23rd and only possibly can do the 30th as I have another maybe on that day :(

Im off work though on the 28th & 29th if you fancy a smaller dig. (As 29th is a good friday, I reckon you could get a few people together for that date?)

Goydenman

BIG-PUSH DIVING NOW POSTPONED AS WELL AS DIGGING
Andy S I have pm for you re: survey
Alex thanks for the offer of Good Friday but no one here up for that but if I or you hear of people who want to do it then happy to go for dig then.