Member Profiles

D

Dave H

Bubba,

Have you ever statistically looked at the profiles of the members?
At a quick glance it looks as though the biggest grouping of members by location would be Derbyshire, and by occupation it would be IT/Computing/Electronics.

bubba

Administrator
Never checked really but it doesn't surprise me - The Peak is accessable from several major cities and is closer than the Dales if you're coming from the south.

Most forums are mainly filled with IT people because they sit at their desks bored shitless all day :LOL:

D

Dave H

And then of course there are all the students sitting there bored until :
err... the pub opens?
err... until their lecture(s) for the day?
err... do they get up before the pubs open?

Yes, I'm sitting here waiting for inspiration (or the day to end) before continuing trying to find a bug in someoneelses code that's causing exceptions in mine, or it could be faulty memory timings. Bored is not the word - I've been fixing their code for weeks now!
Oh, to be a student again 8)

D

darkplaces

Field engineer sat at home 'preping' (honest) for a wireless site survey tomorrow. The office is 30 mins away but nobody goes and why add an extra car to the road when I dont need to, oh as well as the extra pollution. IT people (very board brush) actually figure out how to drives these er forum things, not thats its hard. I was never a uni student, University is way over rated. I'v recently visited a lot of student digs (for work reasons!) and students smell bad :(

D

Dave H

One student I know became an industrial carpet cleaner salesman, and took his work home to the student house he was still living in. Unfortunately the industrial carpet cleaner was not up to the job and broke on being applied to the front room carpet. The carpet hadn't been cleaned for at least the 7 years that various members of the Poly Caving Club had lived there, and the sofa was the club's tackle store for at least 4 of those!

Oh, to work at home. We have to travel to work (17 miles in my case) and enter a secure, hermetically sealed office block. But at least I can see trees across the carpark from my window, which is better than some people get!

Katie

And then of course there are all the students sitting there bored until :
other cavers get out of lectures and we can go caving :D
Or as an alternative to revising for the approaching end of year exams!

cap n chris

As every fool knows, becoming a student is a government scam whereby half the working population takes themselves out of the job queue for 10% of their working lives and pays for the privilege of running up a £10K+ debt in exchange for a useless piece of paper.

Sewer Rat

Dont hold back now!

ouch the grown ups are getting synical.
(council tax must have gone up again)

Can all the little students go to bed now before mummy and daddy get cross.
:hyper:
I mean i know where your coming from.
But I would never voice those opinions.
You never know it may hurt sombodys feelings.

D

darkplaces

Had to look up original topic...
Member profiles, who fills them in anyay?

T

tiggs

Dave H you must be VERY bored if you have time to read everyone's profiles :wink: are you having a TIGGS moment?!! Mrs Trellis please conjure up one of your speciality boredom-killers quick!!!! :LOL:

Cooeeeeeeeeeee Students, your missing Neighbours...... LOL :wink:

Brendan

Bargain Hunt, Richard and Judy, Diagnosis Murder, Murder she Wrote. see, you get a well rounded education these days. :D

T

tiggs

its not fair when i was a student we only got to watch neighbours twice a day, plus home and away twice a day...now you lucky sods can watch everything on ITV2 and ukgold and that kind of thing all day long...wah!!

If you want REAL INTELLECTUAL STIMULATION...watch the Shiny Show and Tikkabilla :D

T

tiggs

ps brendan... if you like extreme ironing, come to my house i have a pile of ironing about the size of K2 needing to be done and i really cant be A*sed to do it :LOL:

D

darkplaces

I dont understand ironing.. The odd shirt, but my mom used to iron underpants... WHY! Iron socks WHY! even T-shirts, hang em up, no need to iron. Dont get me wrong, I can iron, I could iron a crease in my uniform trousers you could cut your finger on. These days work means craghoppers and work T-shirt as you get grubby scampering around comms rooms.

Dont toutch the furr :|

T

tiggs

I dont tend to DO ironing if i can help it...i think life is too short to spend slogging over boring mundane tasks when you could be having fun doing something else.

Unfortunately most people round here seem to think that if you dont iron everything including the skimpiest of G-strings you are obviously a scuzzy sod - SAD or what?!

ps... I liked what i heard the other day. One mum neatly folds her clothes up, shoves them under the sofa cushion and sits on it with a glass of wine and watches the telly.....and tells everyone shes busy doing the ironing... i am dying to meet her she sounds just like my kind of woman!!!! :D

kay

i have a pile of ironing about the size of K2 needing

I'm not quite sure I understand 'ironing' and 'needing' in the same sentence :wink:

I've no idea whether I'm right on this, but I assume ironing began way back when there were no tumble dryers or centrally heated houses, and for large parts of the year you couldn't get things completely dry outside - so get the worst of the wet off and then apply a large hot rock to finish off the drying process. And kill off any bugs while you're at it.

Therefore, now we have tumble dryers and radiators and all sorts of other ways to get clothes completely dry, there is no need to iron. Simple.

A

andymorgan

cap 'n chris said:
As every fool knows, becoming a student is a government scam whereby half the working population takes themselves out of the job queue for 10% of their working lives and pays for the privilege of running up a £10K+ debt in exchange for a useless piece of paper.

Ho, ho, trying telling your GP he has a worthless piece of paper - and also Mr Castle, Mr Hebden and myself!