Cornwall

terrytom

Few of us are thinking of a trip down to Cornwall later this year. Looking for information on any good through trips we could do, or any recommendations on a few trips worth doing. If possible, where would I be able to get surveys for the mines too?
Terry

ZombieCake

I could also do with some much appreciated info on Cornish things if it's available as also planning some more visits.

aricooperdavis

Drop me a message if you'd like - I've not been down this way long so most of the trips I've done have been googleable, but I can give some recommendations. Don't have any surveys.

mrodoc

Try the Carbis Bay Crew via Facebook. They have been very helpful to me in the past.  The St. Just MInes research group are also worth contacting as they have keys to Geevor Mine.

pwhole

It's looking like Carbis Bay may be facing an uncertain few weeks after a huge spike in Covid cases following the G7 summit - government are saying it's coincidence:

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/g7-summit-super-spreader-covid-5552525

In latest figures - which run up to the final day of the three-day summit, on Sunday, June 13 - St Ives had recorded 863 cases of Covid-19 per 100,000 people and Falmouth and Penryn 481. Newquay, not directly linked to the G7 but where many involved were staying, had 271 but after this the next is Looe with just 80 recorded cases. Rates in these areas were up by up to 2,450 per cent compared to those before the G7 Summit. Only one council ward in Manchester and one in Leeds showed higher rates of infection than St Ives.

Fjell

The new carrier is moored in Torbay I saw today after protecting the G7 from mortal threats.

You don?t need the G7, it?s standing room only down here.

Speleofish

I wonder where the hundreds of police and security staff who were brought in to support the G7 were imported from? Were they housed in crowded barracks and did they fraternise extensively with the locals? Given that St Ives and Carbis Bay were supposed to be 'full' already, it's hard to believe they were properly socially distanced....

pwhole

Let's not forget the 5000 journalists who also had a nice holiday in the sun. I wonder where the BBC managed to put their high-end commentators? Maybe they really like camping.

Cantclimbtom

"Camping" most likely.
But the kind of camping/glamping that involves a giant Yurt with a double glazed door, carpeted floor, 4 poster bed, pot bellied stove (not actually used though) and mains power points etc etc. Not the kind of thing most people think of as "camping"