Northern Caves Website and Book Launch

s_allshorn

:D :D THIS WEEKEND!!!!! :D :D
Northern Caves website is online!

www.northerncaves.co.uk

Book Launch 23rd September!!

At Inglesport (Ingleton) 9am-3pm then moving to the Marton Arms (Thornton-in-Lonsdale) 3pm to late in the function room (children are welcome).

Please stop for a drink or a bite to eat and to get your copy of the book  :beer:  :coffee:

wl

A huge and fantastic resource. There are photographs of the all the cave entrances within the geographical area covered by Northern Caves The Three Counties System and the North-West. There is also a list of references to all the written material that has been found relating to these caves. 

It is possible to buy in advance from our website and collect copy at the book launch, at Hidden Earth or have it posted to you.

First dispatch will not be until 19th September at the earliest.

Thanks to Gary Douthwaite and Computer FX for the website and Jon Haynes for the database design  (y)

mikem

Website doesn't say whether we need to let you know if we want a copy at the launch or from Hidden Earth & are planning to pay on the day?

Mike

s_allshorn

If you want to be sure of getting a copy you can buy in advance. If you want to buy on the day you don't need to let us know but it's first come first served whilst stocks last.
Sam

yrammy

We will definitely want a copy of this for the British Caving Library and could collect at Hidden Earth but at the moment I'm not sure if it will be cash or a cheque.
Mary

s_allshorn

One...
There is a free brew with a every purchased copy at Inglesport tomorrow... you'll need more than one most likely to sit an read the whole thing though.

Pitlamp

YAY! I got the first copy this morning.

It's a magnificent effort; we all owe Sam and Beardy a huge debt of gratitude for making this happen.

Thanks lads; you've done us proud.

kay

Pitlamp said:
YAY! I got the first copy this morning.

It's a magnificent effort; we all owe Sam and Beardy a huge debt of gratitude for making this happen.

Thanks lads; you've done us proud.

Seconded! (Got mine in the post this morning  (y))

Ian Ball

Typical, I asked to deliver to my work address to avoid it arriving when no one is in and then it arrives on the weekend  :(

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of books being sold (and signed) this morning in Inglesport.

Page 218 is a particular favourite  ;)

wl

wl

wl

wl

Congratulations Beardy, Sam and all else involved  (y)

s_allshorn

Delivery received Friday morning it had been expect on Monday morning, thus the delay for some postal orders to arrive they have all been dispatched.

andys

Got mine Saturday - their first sale in the Marton.
Was surprised though that they insisted on cash rather than my ?25 M n S voucher!

s_allshorn

Any one read any of it yet?
If you are planning to buy at Hidden Earth don't forget to bring cash. Or you can pay in advance through the website to ensure you get a copy.

chunky

s_allshorn said:
Any one read any of it yet?
If you are planning to buy at Hidden Earth don't forget to bring cash. Or you can pay in advance through the website to ensure you get a copy.

Don't know about read it in its entirety, but certainly used it at the weekend to locate and rig Aquamole  (y)
I have a feeling it will be well thumbed through in the coming year, great work and exceptionally well put together  :clap:

alastairgott

it's utterly fantastic! I was up in the lakes after going for a wander around Coniston Copper mines with one of the CATMHS guys, utterly fantastic surface walk and a very informative guy.

Anyway, sorry OT, I picked up a copy on my way back to Manchester via Ingleton on Sunday. and have read selected pages.

I love the Ireby section, and will have to return to do some sporting trips there.
The Large and Low Douk section is also Brilliant, I love a lot of the Photos and am really amazed that you've even got a few of RichP's photo's in there. Walm holes being one of them, and bull pot of the Witches the other. Along with many photos from other people I know, all Excellent

Many fantastic Photo's, many fantastic Surveys including one of Nott's 2 I was looking for last new year, but couldn't get one in the shop.

A breathtaking amount of work put in.

And Easegill! Easegill! Easegill!

s_allshorn

If your going to Hidden Earth, find Beardy at the RRCPC stand and buy from him. I believe he also has a few other fine publications available.
If you buy before you go, then you can't run out of cash at the bar. :beer: