Review CAVES AND CAVING IN BRITAIN by Edmund J Mason

rhychydwr1

CAVES AND CAVING IN BRITAIN by Edmund J Mason 1977  208 pp, 38 photos, 6 maps.  I knew the late Ted Mason as I went to his archaeology classes and help out on various digs including Bracelet Cave where we found a gold bracelet and Minchin Hole where I fell into the sea.  Ted was one time Chairman of the Mendip Nature Research Committee and a pioneer in the exploration of Dan yr Ogof with Gerrard Platten.  He is much more kinder to Herbert Balch than Peter Johnson.  Ted calls Balch ?the pioneer of Mendip caving?.  HB DW  as I am not allowed to advertise, you will have to PM me for a price.

Graigwen

Consulting my copy I see that Bexley Public Libraries charged me the princely sum of 20p for a second hand copy in good condition; although it may have been part of a batch I negotiated half price for, so maybe only 10p. This is how my local council returns some value to me in return for my Council Tax payments.

It is certainly an interesting book, if you can get hold of a copy cheaply. Of course it is a bit out of date now. The section on the "Caves of South Wales" does not mention the area Tony and I looked at last year where tens of miles of caves await discovery.

ZombieCake

Tony,
How much? please send me a reasonable note inc. postage. Nancy says I can buy it  ;)
Cheers
ZombieCake